• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

An Introduction To Most Three Wheelers.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I doubt that any ladies on this forum would drive such a thing but here it is.
Z's old three wheeler.jpg
:rolleyes:

Larry Rymal

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Here's a real trike, albeit motorcycle-traditional, but with car foot controls and steering wheel. It was at a local car / motorcycle show in East Texas. About $35,000. Can be had with roof/air conditioning. Certainly a beautiful machine for those who can afford that. Called a Stallion.

9_Stallionsm.jpg

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a real trike, albeit motorcycle-traditional, but with car foot controls and steering wheel. It was at a local car / motorcycle show in East Texas. About $35,000. Can be had with roof/air conditioning. Certainly a beautiful machine for those who can afford that. Called a Stallion.

View attachment 1067
I found the site for it at DFW Trikes.
STALLIONTRIKE.jpg

Motor Trike. They also make trailers.

LonePine

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Check out, http://www.3wheelers.com/enter.html

fordcpt7.jpg
fordcpt8.jpg

clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif

Ford

The Ford Cockpit was a concept vehicle produced by the Ford Motor Company (USA) in 1981. The Cockpit was powered by a 200cc 12 horsepower engine that offered up to 75 mpg and had a body created mainly from plastic. The body featured a sophisticated hydraulic suspension system and a canopy section that lifted forward to give access to and from the vehicle.

clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif

The 1981 Ford Cockpit.

clearpixel.gif
clearpixel.gif
A 200 cc engine ? This thing was an enclosed SCOOTER and could likely go all of 30 mph. Another triumph of Style over Substance.

Attachments

• clearpixel.gif
    clearpixel.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 206
  • clearpixel.gif
    clearpixel.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 190
  • clearpixel.gif
    clearpixel.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 195
  • clearpixel.gif
    clearpixel.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 191
  • clearpixel.gif
    clearpixel.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 193
  • clearpixel.gif
    clearpixel.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 179
  • clearpixel.gif
    clearpixel.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 187
  • clearpixel.gif
    clearpixel.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 193

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A 200 cc engine ? This thing was an enclosed SCOOTER and could likely go all of 30 mph. Another triumph of Style over Substance.
Lone Pine, its too expensive for me and doesn't have the creature comforts of the Elio. Welcome to the forum where you will find the latest information about the development and production of our Elio's. It has plenty of helpful friendly people who will try to answer any questions you may. Congratulations on becoming a member of the Elio revolution

Larry Rymal

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I found the site for it at DFW Trikes.....They also make trailers.
My goodness... what a find! "...The Stallion has a frame and suspension designed completely in-house by Motor Trike engineers, and is powered by a 2.3-liter Ford four-cylinder engine built on Cologne Germany. The engine produces 143 horsepower and 154 ft-lbs. of torque, according to Motor Trike, which Thoroughbred says will give the Stallion the power-to-weight ratio of a Mustang GT. Unlike a standard trike conversion, the Stallion has a Ford 5-speed automatic transmission with reverse and a steering wheel instead of handlebars...."

Top Bottom