• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

An Observation

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, one more thing. Apparently, at some point their trailer lost a match with a dumpster and the front right of the trailer has seen better days.

Reactions: DWR

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This stop was the first at a Pep Boys, Pam Vassallo said.

I did ask some questions.

1. The capitol question and oxygen freezing temp got blank stares, a look of "why the hell are you asking that?", and an awkward silence.
2. The paint system is PPG. The color code for Red Hot will be made available as it is a final color. The others may be tweaked.
3. The trunk will lock but whether that is a lock or pull release from inside wasn't known by the road crew.
4. Hood pins will be different and the hood will lock.
5. While at the Insurance thing a while back, they had the Elio do the cone weave and did it at 65 easy. The driver of the Polaris Slingshot turned off the stability control of the Slingshot and went through at 50 mph... well, part of it. He leaned one way, then the other, then it flipped over on its top and slid on its top in front of the Insurance companies. The guy from the road crew said he and Jerome looked under there because the guy driving got his head dragged along the ground. (He was wearing a helmet)
6. The P5 frame is done... that isn't news but the fact that the rest of the 25 are all under construction was news to me.
7. There are a lot of sagging pants, hookers, and heroin addicts on Central in Albuquerque.... literally, a pile of needles at the Pep Boys corner.
8. If you pull into O'Rielly's Auto parts, you'll have just enough time to say "Where in the hell is Elio. I thought they'd still be here." Before realizing you are half a block from Pep Boys. Don't ask how I know that. :rolleyes:
Any word on how the dry paint worked? Anyway, thanks for asking. Now I have a Google target for the "dry paint process". Hate to hear that it sounds like a showing in the projects, (but lets face it. Even driving through East TN projects, you see more BMW's, and Mercedes than you do in working class neiborhoods). Glad you got to see it! I hope they realize at least one person there was serious about thier project. Honestly, thinking about where the Pep Boys are here, there is only one I would approve of an Elio showing. Members, maybe we should rethink this Pep Boys angle? Showing it to the "pants on the ground" folks may not be the best stradgey (yeah, I know I spelled stradgey wrong).:oops:

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh, one more thing. Apparently, at some point their trailer lost a match with a dumpster and the front right of the trailer has seen better days.
I'm in sales. This sounds horrible! A beat up trailer with an audience of "socially challenged degenerate" people! This is not the way any start up want to be percieved as! I'm sure the Elio crew has the same "vibe". Thank you for the report Ty!

Reactions: Ekh

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm in sales. This sounds horrible! A beat up trailer with an audience of "socially challenged degenerate" people! This is not the way any start up want to be percieved as! I'm sure the Elio crew has the same "vibe". Thank you for the report Ty!
The low pant gangster heroin poor people were more along Central but that one corner of Pep Boys sure was popular... same Corvette drove through the parking lot three times... I'm sure it was because he was wishing his Vette was an Elio...

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would much rather see yellow, instead of the silver they offer. I know battleship gray when I see it. That's the color of my garage floor! I love a metallic silver on vehichles, but have never understood how they can offer what I see on thier site as "silver". After bringing home an orange car last week (see my new avatar), my wife asked me, "are we going to have a fleet of orange cars now"? I think so. Creamsicle is still my favorite color on the Elio, and it will still be my "and" car. But now,I'm not sure about color.:decision:
I keep telling you guys that what you see on the web and what you see on the car will NEVER match. They cannot match -- web images (colors) are transmissive, colors on surfaces are reflective in nature. They act differently, stimulate your brain differently, and are perceived differently. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If it means anything, Jerome said we'll get to see all he colors long before we get our Elios. They'll have painted panels they will take around on tour.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is an exact color preference so critical that if it was a shade, hue, tint, or tone off one would make the decision to go with one of the other color options? Doen't seem logical that the average persons eye would be so color specific unless there was a side by side color chart comparison.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At least 2 people want yellow........you and me.
They talked about yellow... 7 paint booths, 7 colors... eventually, they may offer a limited edition color. Jerome said to buy he white and wrap it in yellow or plasticoat it yellow.
Is an exact color preference so critical that if it was a shade, hue, tint, or tone off one would make the decision to go with one of the other color options? Doen't seem logical that the average persons eye would be so color specific unless there was a side by side color chart comparison.
Well, blue can looked washed out in some pictures but still look great in person... I'm going with orange because I don't like some shades of red or blue, silver is boring, black is a scratch magnet, and white looks like an unpainted canvas. (To me, anyway)

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This stop was the first at a Pep Boys, Pam Vassallo said.

I did ask some questions.

1. The capitol question and oxygen freezing temp got blank stares, a look of "why the hell are you asking that?", and an awkward silence.
2. The paint system is PPG. The color code for Red Hot will be made available as it is a final color. The others may be tweaked.
3. The trunk will lock but whether that is a lock or pull release from inside wasn't known by the road crew.
4. Hood pins will be different and the hood will lock.
5. While at the Insurance thing a while back, they had the Elio do the cone weave and did it at 65 easy. The driver of the Polaris Slingshot turned off the stability control of the Slingshot and went through at 50 mph... well, part of it. He leaned one way, then the other, then it flipped over on its top and slid on its top in front of the Insurance companies. The guy from the road crew said he and Jerome looked under there because the guy driving got his head dragged along the ground. (He was wearing a helmet)
6. The P5 frame is done... that isn't news but the fact that the rest of the 25 are all under construction was news to me.
7. There are a lot of sagging pants, hookers, and heroin addicts on Central in Albuquerque.... literally, a pile of needles at the Pep Boys corner.
8. If you pull into O'Rielly's Auto parts, you'll have just enough time to say "Where in the hell is Elio. I thought they'd still be here." Before realizing you are half a block from Pep Boys. Don't ask how I know that. :rolleyes:
Thank you, Ty.

Top Bottom