• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

And Now... The P5!

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup. Happened to a friend of mine just a few weeks ago. The pump failed to shut off, spilling about 5 gallons on the ground. He blamed the pump. The reality is, He failed to heed the sign " Never leave vehicle unattended while fueling." He admitted to trying to save some time by going in the store to get a soda while the tank was filling.
I know of a few stations locally that have removed the little device that allows you to pump gas "hands free." I agree...For me it is not an issue.

That’s why in a lot of places it is illegal to even have pumps that allow you to take your hands of the fuel nozzle. Makes a lot of sense.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wrote to them back in April 2015 and asked about the armrests, because of my disability I have to be able to "brace" myself in turns and I was told:
"Hello!
Thanks for your email and support.
Yes, the Elio will have arm rests on both sides! "

So it has been planned for a while to have armrests on both sides.
Thanks for the info. I knew about the arm rests. What I was referring to is not having a slot or cutout in the arm rest where the e-brake handle would be. If there is enough room on the floor between the seat and arm rest it will be cool.

Last edited:

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's it! That's the name for the car!
The Elio Dragon

That's the perfect name. The car looks like a dragon. I want to drive a car called a "dragon". Dragons are cool. Hasn't been used by any other company. Perfect. You win all teh Internets, Mr. WilliamH!
Night Fury (Toothless). Can you see the resemblance?
229.jpg
how_to_train_your_dragon03.jpg

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All the contouring lines on the car, and even the exhaust vent itself seem to be slanted in a way that would direct any fuel running down the side away from the exhaust port... so it may be a non issue in all but the most extreme circumstances...

[Broken External Image]
I agree. I think it is a non-issue. That sure seems like it would have to be a lot of gas running down your Elio to have enough to ignite. I have never "spilled" gas down my car or had gas come out during hard cornering. Maybe a dribble of fuel from the pump nozzle. I'm not concern. And why would you be fueling hot (Engine running)? I have only seen this on military aircraft and race cars.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree. I think it is a non-issue. That sure seems like it would have to be a lot of gas running down your Elio to have enough to ignite. I have never "spilled" gas down my car or had gas come out during hard cornering. Maybe a dribble of fuel from the pump nozzle. I'm not concern. And why would you be fueling hot (Engine running)? I have only seen this on military aircraft and race cars.
There's a show on TV called Wheels That Fail (WTF) that will give you a hint on how dumb some people can be ....;)

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Running out of gas in a modern car isn’t a good thing. Luckily with that reach on a full tank, finding a gas station before runninng out shouldn’t be that hard.
I agree with Stephen. You should keep the gas tank above half. This way you may not need gas if there is an emergency and you have to go now. Or to help prevent moisture in the gas and causing vapor lock.

Top Bottom