• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

And Now... The P5!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, The guy who is upset is Caddo Parish Commissioner Michael Williams who is Indicted for Stealing from a Non-Profit. 12 counts of wire fraud.
------->https://www.fbi.gov/neworleans/pres...illiams-indicted-for-stealing-from-non-profit <-------
He is upset because he accuses another commissioner of getting work with Elio. Commissioner John Escude has been doing contract work for Comau, an Elio sub contractor.
------> http://www.shreveporttimes.com/stor...ioner-working-contract-elio-partner/18994805/ <-----

I couldn't find this earlier, but this will give you an idea of what is going on in Caddo Parish.
----> http://www.ktbs.com/story/29046005/...urt-makes-racial-rant-before-caddo-commission <-----
And trying to get an Attorney General opinion, based on the AG offices recent action, is a bad joke that borders on "tortious interference with contract" as a strategy to cover his actions.

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone project what will happen if the auto shut-off at the gas pump fails and gas runs down and into the exhaust? Explosions, anyone?
The autoignition temperature of gasoline is ~530F, the temperature of the exhaust system depends on the car, but based on the size of the engine and the fact that the exhaust port is about as far away from the engine as possible, I wouldn't be super worried about it being a problem.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That last line shows that the story is a dead item;

"We also reached out to Land Rover and according to a spokesperson, Land Rover is no longer considering production operations in the U.S"

Kind of says it all

I didn't hear any BBW's singing. I'm an Elio fan and even I could come up with all kinds of conspiracy and Elio bashing from that. :confused:

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The autoignition temperature of gasoline is ~530F, the temperature of the exhaust system depends on the car, but based on the size of the engine and the fact that the exhaust port is about as far away from the engine as possible, I wouldn't be super worried about it being a problem.
With plastic body panels, suppose I'm wearing fluffy wool pants and am rubbing back and forth on my Elio while pouring gas down the side of it, smoking, and talking on my cell phone... :rolleyes:

Someone here said they like to go inside while the pump fills their car and are concerned if they do that in their Elio... How long will it actually take to fill that tiny tank? Besides, going inside to shop while your car is just parked by the pump is being quite the ass to anyone who comes up to get gas and has to wait on you.:mad:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THAT is pretty rank. Some folks in Caddo Parish are having political temper tantrums, like most 3 year olds who can't have their candy RIGHT NOW. Caddo Parish can't re-write the original contract, so this is whining to no purpose except to be unpleasant. Start moving in the machinery and hiring, and they'll all shut up.

Sounds like Stephanie Lynch is still stirring the pot from her position over in Shreveport City Council.
Or maybe better described as telling tales out of school.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With plastic body panels, suppose I'm wearing fluffy wool pants and am rubbing back and forth on my Elio while pouring gas down the side of it, smoking, and talking on my cell phone... :rolleyes:

Someone here said they like to go inside while the pump fills their car and are concerned if they do that in their Elio... How long will it actually take to fill that tiny tank? Besides, going inside to shop while your car is just parked by the pump is being quite the ass to anyone who comes up to get gas and has to wait on you.:mad:
1st, don't wear fluffy wool pants. That's just wrong.
2nd, ok, I've got no 2nd.

Top Bottom