• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Another 3 Wheeler

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Last edited:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A luxury sedan with a 400-mile range and "level 5 autonomy", whatever that means. Supposedly a direct competitor for the top end Teslas. He's touting some revolutionary battery technology. Graphene batteries? I'm not really familiar with it.

Here's a whole slew of articles on it, though:

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/fisker/index238.html
"Graphene batteries" sounds like the old Thorium Plasma batteries; i.e. a load of technical sounding bunk. Graphene is fantastic stuff, but I haven't heard of a battery application for it that could match (let alone surpass) lithium-ion.

Graphene is a layer of carbon just 1 atom thick, yet it is still dense enough that graphene coated glass appears tinted. Just like carbon nanotubes, there have been lots of proposed uses for graphene that have yet to materialize in reality.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Could be. So far as I have seen, he hasn't revealed any secrets yet.

"His new Fisker, Inc. company even has a subsidiary already in Fisker Nanotech, a battery company that will be charged to supply the batteries that Fisker claims uses graphene to “extend its range and life and reducing charging time.”"

Apparently Fisker just released more photos, but no more details.

http://jalopnik.com/the-fisker-emotion-promises-400-mile-range-on-graphene-1788408340

(I know it's not a popular site, but I only found the news one two sites, and the TechCrunch article looked like a copy/paste from a press release.)

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You can tell it's 30+ year old technology, check out the stats:

View attachment 11623

20 miles? And it's light 66lbs. without the battery; and the battery weighs 33lbs.?
Sir Clive Sinclair was behind the development of this "vehicle". He also was behind my first computer, the ZX81. Had 2k of memory!
sinclair.jpg

Top Bottom