• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Another Enthusiastic Virginian Checking In!

Kegger

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hi there!
I jumped on board cautiously at first and then went the rest of the way to all in. Order number 6236. I drove down to Raleigh on Sunday with a friend to see the P4 at the mall there. Very very awesome to sit in it and actually put my hands on the prototype!

I didn't really think about how awesome it is to be able to put both arms up on the window sill. I'm 6ft 4, and fit with plenty of room!
[Broken External Image]

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi there!
I jumped on board cautiously at first and then went the rest of the way to all in. Order number 6236. I drove down to Raleigh on Sunday with a friend to see the P4 at the mall there. Very very awesome to sit in it and actually put my hands on the prototype!

I didn't really think about how awesome it is to be able to put both arms up on the window sill. I'm 6ft 4, and fit with plenty of room!
[Broken External Image]
Great picture! Thanks for sharing. See you next year in Shreveport. I'll be the short little old lady. :p :rolleyes: :) Z

Kegger

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Great picture! Thanks for sharing. See you next year in Shreveport. I'll be the short little old lady. :p :rolleyes: :) Z

I'll look forward to meeting you!:D

Going to Richmond tomorrow to see this thing for the first time. Reserved mine almost 2 years ago and never seen it.

It's very cool, I had a hard time containing my excitement when I saw it! FYI, when you sit in the back, you'll notice the head room is a bit low. The gentleman there told me they plan on adding 2 inches more of head space.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi there!

Kegger, Welcome to the forum and I hope you will enjoy reading the posts on the various threads. Like you, many of us started our at the lowest level and upgraded to the maximum amount. Also like most of us seeing and sitting in the Elio sealed the deal. It is an amazing vehicle and most of us believe it will provide us with exciting, enjoyable, and cost effective driving experiences. Enjoy the Elio journey and the experience and the many friends you will meet here on the forum.

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well I finally got to sit in it and even the wife in the back seat. Like most, I really can't believe the room in that little thing. I'm 6'1", 225lbs and I was one notch from all the way back in the seat and my wife had plenty of room. Quite a substantial vehicle for being so small. My concern was that this would only be a summer car but this is really a 12 month vehicle. You can read all you want but until you actually see it you'll be surprised. Can't remember names very well but I went right for the juggler vein and asked if they were still on schedule for 4th quarter of 15 and there was some hesitation. It went something like “as long as everything falls into place like we projected then it is possible”. In other words, look for it in 2016. He stated that their still selling off equipment at the plant and are hopeful on the DOE loan going through. When asked what they would do if it (DOE Loan) fell through the response was “Paul has some other things up his sleeve”. My honest take away from it all was that everything hinges on the DOE loan and if gets delayed we’ll be lucky to see the Elio by mid 2016. If it falls through I don’t think Paul’s sleeves are long enough to pull out that kind of cash.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi there!

[Broken External Image]

Welcome aboard Kegger! I think that'll be the official "Elio wave" when we run across another one going down the road!:D

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Well I finally got to sit in it and even the wife in the back seat. Like most, I really can't believe the room in that little thing. I'm 6'1", 225lbs and I was one notch from all the way back in the seat and my wife had plenty of room. Quite a substantial vehicle for being so small. My concern was that this would only be a summer car but this is really a 12 month vehicle. You can read all you want but until you actually see it you'll be surprised. Can't remember names very well but I went right for the juggler vein and asked if they were still on schedule for 4th quarter of 15 and there was some hesitation. It went something like “as long as everything falls into place like we projected then it is possible”. In other words, look for it in 2016. He stated that their still selling off equipment at the plant and are hopeful on the DOE loan going through. When asked what they would do if it (DOE Loan) fell through the response was “Paul has some other things up his sleeve”. My honest take away from it all was that everything hinges on the DOE loan and if gets delayed we’ll be lucky to see the Elio by mid 2016. If it falls through I don’t think Paul’s sleeves are long enough to pull out that kind of cash.

Good to hear that you got to sit in it and you both felt it was roomy and comfortable. Bad to hear that an answer to "how does 4th qtr 2015 look?" was met with hesitation. If we get an official statement from EM next month, saying that production is now scheduled for something like 2Q 2016, I will have to step away from following the Elio daily.

Top Bottom