• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Another Milestone Reached

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Howdy Good People,
Sorry I haven't posted in a lo-o-oog time but so many things have been happening as of late. First we got caught in the California (Butte) forest fire that reduced our house to a shoebox full of ash, wiped out most of the trees around us and just fried the habitat. Dealing with whether to rebuild or move and dealing with the insurance company on that score used up a lot of my brain power. Then too, my wife was beginning to become frustrated at my "obsession" with the Elio saying I was like a kid standing in front of the candy store with empty pockets. Well, Look at the Elio!! Who wouldn't!?? Well, most things are behind me now and.... I'm ba..a..c.c.k!:rolleyes:
Now, When I pick up my Elio the scenario will be thus.... I have a brother and sister in Little Rock, Ark, for a rest stop then on to a sister in Texas, a brother in New Mexico, another brother in Arizona. After that will be a cousin and a niece in L.A. then home to Castro Valley, Ca. Later I'll go visit my other brother in Manteca, ca. then go finish sifting the ashes at the house just outside of Mokelumne Hill,ca. Taking my time, I figure to be on the road about 3 to 4 weeks!!
Glad to have you back with us.
Sounds like a trip down memory/family road for your trip home; hope it all goes well for you.

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
385 miles to the factory from here. I have a friend who has volunteered to truck me down there in his pickup and then fallow me back, iFilm me.
Probably hole up in a motel then pick it up the next day.
MK

Gizmo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Terre Haute ............ think west young man :p

Use to live there back in the early '70's. Kokomo before that.

Damn. Tree's sure have gotten big over the years at the old trailer park. I see the old fair ground dirt race track is still there too. Use to play hard in the Thompson ditch during the winters. Homemade sleds out of anything that would slide down hill.

Last edited:

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Awesome milestone...
4wide-1.jpg

Juney

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Glad to have you back with us.
Sounds like a trip down memory/family road for your trip home; hope it all goes well for you.
Thanks for the well wishes!! Yeah, I'm using the insurance money to expand the house in Castro Valley and since I still have the 3 and a half acres in the foothills I'll just put a camper on that until it re-greens in 5 or 8 years. I'm retired. I can wait. I'll just drive up in my Elio a check things out once in a while. How is the factory coming anyway?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes!! Yeah, I'm using the insurance money to expand the house in Castro Valley and since I still have the 3 and a half acres in the foothills I'll just put a camper on that until it re-greens in 5 or 8 years. I'm retired. I can wait. I'll just drive up in my Elio a check things out once in a while. How is the factory coming anyway?
It's been said that there is a new sign on the building, but I haven't seen it yet; as for what's going on inside of it, they haven't been saying very much about it.

Top Bottom