1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Another Thought Provoking Patrick Byrne Interview...

Discussion in 'General Elio Discussion' started by ElioWallSteet, May 14, 2018.

1. Ace

Ace Elio Enthusiast

I don't necessarily have a bunker (would if I had the resources though) but I certainly have a "go bag" with some first-aid gear in it, a couple of months of emergency rations in storage , a few weapons, and a healthy supply of ammo...just in case of financial meltdown, a solar flare taking down the electrical grid, or any other type of catastrophe. I guess I am "unhinged".

Oddly enough, I got some of it from overstock.com

https://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys/Emergency-Survival-Gear/3388/cat.html

2. FC

FC Elio Aficionado

Reservation #:
    Sounds like he likes planning and preparing for the worst instead of reacting to it. He also seems to care about the well being of his employees. What Eliowallstreet sees as a negative I see as a positive.

3. 84mpg

84mpg Elio Addict

Don’t have much, but can safely drink water from just about any source if necessary.... for quite sometime. I might starve, but won’t die from lack of water!

Thanks for the Overstock link. Since Patrick wrote a check for a couple of million for something I believe in - I need to send a little money back his way...

4. floydv

floydv Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    I don't care if he's a raving lunatic as long as he helps make the Elio production a reality. Then the only thing I'll call him is visionary.

5. mkiker2089

mkiker2089 Elio Addict

I'm finding this doom and gloom redundant as well. If you think the Elio won't happen then just get behind the SAM vehicle. I for one don't want an electric, yet.

6. raptor213

raptor213 Elio Addict

Reservation #:
    If we're hypothetically eyeing Q1 2020 as the hopeful timeframe to receive delivery of a production autocycle, for me personally, I'm watching Elio and Sondors. They both claim to be ready to produce in late 2019. I prefer the styling and 3-seat versatility of the Sondors to the Elio, to be perfectly honest. But when my Elio purchase price is $5,500 plus options and the 200-mile range all-electric Sondors is quoted around $16,000 plus options, Elio hands-down wins the value proposition .

7. mkiker2089

mkiker2089 Elio Addict

To me the Sondors does look good but the width issue is something I can't quite get my head around. I need to see it in person. It's too traditional up front to pull off the three wheel look. It's like a mullet in that way.

I do hope people bitter with Elio will move on and find peace somehow though.

8. RSchneider

RSchneider Elio Addict

What people don't like about him is that he calls it like it is. He is critical and supportive. So, the cheerleaders and fearleaders hate him because he won't talk 100% positive or 100% negative about a project or idea. In this day of polarization, you are hated for being in the middle of a project or idea. This, Pat Byrne is hated and considered a nutjob by some along with being considered a messiah bu others. They can't just say, "He does some great things and then some real stupid ones" because that's too much critical thinking. The whole situation is ironic.

Then there's Vanderhall (the other three wheeled company). Again, David Hall is either hated or loved. If you always wondered where Vanderhall got all of it's funding to build such a big plant to build such a boutique car, then read this:

http://digital.vpr.net/post/utah-work-underway-building-blocks-newvistas-community-vermont

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/lo...cle_dd784c4f-9299-5762-b6f7-6dd4628c01c5.html

The people of Vermont are none too pleased with this project:

https://vtdigger.org/2016/06/16/protest-planned-friday-against-massive-newvistas-proposal/

Here's what he want's to build:

http://www.newvistasfoundation.org/

As you can see, sometimes it takes a visionary and there are times it works out and then sometimes it doesn't. For Elio, Pat Byrne is the kick in the pants that company needed. If it wasn't for him, we'd all be sitting around for another year in the dark. I fully expect him to say even more things that you'll either love or hate (i.e. $200M to get to production or Eliocoin holders get moved up in line in front of SIL's). Get used to it.