• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Any Updates On Production

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you had a choice, which rear end design would you choose? A or B

eliox406.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A. A is more functional with that flowing roofline connect to the hatch door which appears wider, tail lights more visible, flatter/larger surface area perhaps stronger on impact, and more easily adapable to an aftermarket receiver hitch. It would be visually more pleasing in a monchromatic color scheme. Those were thoughtful engineering and design improvements from the previous P. IMO.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think some number of people will want better access to the rear tire, which is why I illustrated the open concept.
All the wheel covers will be targets of the aftermarket. There are a million ways to style such things as well.
I think wire wheels will be a big item, if open wheel covers are available, because I think they look very 'cherry' ('60's usage) on an Elio.
Elio3D_Donk_Rear.jpg

WireWheels.png

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think some number of people will want better access to the rear tire, which is why I illustrated the open concept.
All the wheel covers will be targets of the aftermarket. There are a million ways to style such things as well.
I think wire wheels will be a big item, if open wheel covers are available, because I think they look very 'cherry' ('60's usage) on an Elio.
View attachment 6729
View attachment 6730
My personal Elio will have the open Indian fender option. I like your open rear wheel illustration very much. I wonder if the open rear wheel cover could flair out slightly and be designed to compliment the Indian style fender.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Is that a viable offer?...I noticed you have not posted your reservation number yet ? I would consider this purchase if it goes through "Elio Motors" and it be legal. You joined before I did and would not mind having a second Elio to garage in excellent condition for a "Transportation Historic Keepsake". When the Elio hits the market...the Elio will be in demand like Superbowl tickets ! I truly believe that Elio will have to step up production to meet the demand ! The "Fleet Sales" alone will put the gas saving commuter on every company that has goods to be delivered ! Pizzas/ Flower delivery / Pharmacy / hot-shot deliveries for small packages...Amazon,Ebay,Sears,Wal-mart,etc The projected production start up as far I know is still slated for mid-2016....just look for the real news around April/May of 2016...should have pictures and company postings about trial production runs and hiring of the workforce . The recent supplier meeting have been finalizing their production schedule date and should be sharing that with Elio buyers soon in September. (that was stated already on this website)....just sayin'

Hello roadtrippin,
Jan 12 2015 and no production # yet? I thought I was late in getting a #. It looks like production cannot even produce a production #. That is disappointing. I would like for both of us to receive a #. They should show some promise: give us some hope.

Top Bottom