• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Ask About Interior Noise?

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't expect a Mercedes for 7G's! As long as noise level is not worse than any other 84mpg vehicle I'm in! Just crank up the radio another notch and go spend some of that money you save enjoying life.
No just add a couple zeros to the price tag and they would still be loud underpowered and spare parts would cost you an arm and a leg. I base that on the smart that I own.

IMG_4113.jpg

and no that is not mine.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cooper tires are GOOD tires, but tread design is what really causes road noise from a tire, regardless of brand, as well as the compound of the rubber.
Keep in mind that 2 of the 3 tires are away from the cabin area. Also, with the narrow aero design it's not pushing as much air. Elio's claim "we anticipate a very quiet ride" so they are engineering the Elio accordingly.

Dooltd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great question. I know that this will be my substitute for my motorcycle and it can't be noisier than riding it. And since I like all the fresh air I will probably be riding with the windows down so noise still won't be a factor. Finally, due to combat related hearing loss, I probably couldn't tell the difference anyway.

I agree. I'm selling my motorcycle when I get Elio #1471. After fifty years of riding with no loss of skin or blood, I think it's about time to hang it up and start riding something safer. I'm not really concerned about noise because I'm looking at the Elio as an enclosed motorcycle, not a car.
Hey, at my age a heated/air conditioned bike sounds great!

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. I'm selling my motorcycle when I get Elio #1471. After fifty years of riding with no loss of skin or blood, I think it's about time to hang it up and start riding something safer. I'm not really concerned about noise because I'm looking at the Elio as an enclosed motorcycle, not a car.
Hey, at my age a heated/air conditioned bike sounds great!
Dooltd, Welcome from New Mexico and I absolutely agree with you.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey, Hey, I have a 70 AMC Gremlin that resembles that remark!!! Still runs like new though I rarely see another!
I had a 70 Gremlin as well and kept it until my sons simply got too big to fit in the back seat. Never had a problem with it and I towed it behind a motorhome with a 12" aluminum boat and trailer on top of it.

Top Bottom