• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Ask About Interior Noise?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And price :D
The movie "Bringing it Home" talks about the use of Hemp as an insulation material in automobiles in Great Britain. It is selected because it is less expensive, lighter weight, and more efficient both for temperature and sound than other materials. Of course they grow Hemp in GB while we import most of ours. Although I understand Kentucky is one of the states that now allows farming of industrial Hemp. :-) Z

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What "passenger side" ?????
Smartazz! Non door side of course, keep roasted shin syndrome to a minimum.
The movie "Bringing it Home" talks about the use of Hemp as an insulation material in automobiles in Great Britain. It is selected because it is less expensive, lighter weight, and more efficient both for temperature and sound than other materials. Of course they grow Hemp in GB while we import most of ours. Although I understand Kentucky is one of the states that now allows farming of industrial Hemp. :-) Z
Would like to see that up here. WI was #1 in the nation in hemp production back in the day. From what I've read, a lot of our lighter more acidic soils that aren't as well suited to other crops grow hemp well.

Avards

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Smartazz! Non door side of course, keep roasted shin syndrome to a minimum.

Would like to see that up here. WI was #1 in the nation in hemp production back in the day. From what I've read, a lot of our lighter more acidic soils that aren't as well suited to other crops grow hemp well.
CheeheadEarl:

Minor correction to you above statement. KY has obtained a limited quantity of hemp seeds for a couple of the agricultural departments at universities for study as to how best it might be raised. To date hemp cannot be legally grown in KY.

It looks too much like its very close cousin from the air, and makes it difficult to spot the no-no stuff.

wr

Top Bottom