• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Thought About Creating An Elio Registry?

Jeff Bowlsby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A lot can be learned about a car or its differences, from a registry. It's also a way of connecting with other owners. Maybe list Elio owners club name and not email addresses.

I am thinking columns for VIN, engine/transaxle, ext/int colors, option equipment codes, links to 4-5 photos, owners city/state. More columns could be added later if needed.

The "VIN" could be the reservation # temporarily.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
This has actually come up before and is definitely something we are considering and will look at more closely as Elio Motors moves closer to production.

I have actually been encouraging Elio VP of Sales Jerome Vassallo to have Elio Motors form an official Elio Owners Group just like Harley Davidson has their H.O.G. While independent groups, sites, and forums will definitely still remain having a registry and formal Elio Owners Group which is sanctioned and backed by the factory would really be a big deal from day one.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This has actually come up before and is definitely something we are considering and will look at more closely as Elio Motors moves closer to production.

I have actually been encouraging Elio VP of Sales Jerome Vassallo to have Elio Motors form an official Elio Owners Group just like Harley Davidson has their H.O.G. While independent groups, sites, and forums will definitely still remain having a registry and formal Elio Owners Group which is sanctioned and backed by the factory would really be a big deal from day one.
Makes me wonder if Elio's recent email move is a purposeful step in that direction as I have been wondering about it myself. It also strikes me it's something a business does just before releasing a new product.

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A lot can be learned about a car or its differences, from a registry. It's also a way of connecting with other owners. Maybe list Elio owners club name and not email addresses.

I am thinking columns for VIN, engine/transaxle, ext/int colors, option equipment codes, links to 4-5 photos, owners city/state. More columns could be added later if needed.

The "VIN" could be the reservation # temporarily.
Jambe has a list of the reservation numbers with city/state and some with names. Contact him.

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they hit the production numbers they want to, the vehicles won't be very special or collectible. Sure, maybe at first but If they remained that way, that probably would mean that EM failed and had to stop production ;)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The VW Beetle is just one example of a vehicle sold in large numbers which was instantly special and which remains collectible to this day. About five million of the original beetles were sold in the USA between 1949-1980 with peak sales in the 1960's and the best year of sales being 1967 when about 423,000 beetles were sold in the USA alone. There are other examples as well such as the Ford Mustang.

Even if successful the Elio vehicle will be a niche vehicle which will make it something different even if EM sells out production in the USA each year. The new car market in the USA currently sells over 15 million vehicles per year, and there are many more used cars on the road, so even if EM sustained sales of 250K vehicles per year in the USA the Elio would still account for less than 1% of all cars on the road after a decade of sales. EM does not even plan to only sell in the USA but to export as well so they are not even planning on selling that many vehicles in the USA alone.

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If they hit the production numbers they want to, the vehicles won't be very special or collectible. Sure, maybe at first but If they remained that way, that probably would mean that EM failed and had to stop production ;)
G1 is spot-on with the Harley Owners Group idea (proud Lifetime Member of H.O.G.). It really creates an incentive to drive, to tour, to customize, to accessorize - it's actually one of H-D's most brilliant marketing moves, IMHO.

Top Bottom