• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Apollo High Speed Video

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Evidently, there was a "nuance" to the no plans thing: according to this article, the "plans" are there, but not the "as built" plans. Great article; Pistonboy, you really sent me down the rabbit hole this morning! Thanks!

Careful with those "rabbit holes", they might just send you down a different career path!;)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
VERY complex system design, tons of data number crunching involved, THAT'S rocket science!! I've got a family friend that work with my dad at Martin Marietta in Colorado way back in the day. Gotta send him that link.
Nice find, BilgeRat!

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Evidently, there was a "nuance" to the no plans thing: according to this article, the "plans" are there, but not the "as built" plans. Great article; Pistonboy, you really sent me down the rabbit hole this morning! Thanks!

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/04/how-nasa-brought-the-monstrous-f-1-moon-rocket-back-to-life/

NSTG8TR, I remember you telling about a 3D printer that could print titanium parts with the threads already in the holes. was that an "electron beam melting" device like they describe in this article?

image.jpeg

Top Bottom