• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Apples Vs Mangos

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was just looking at a 2007 Pontiac Solstice convertible, while sitting at the hardware store, thinking "This may not have as much room in it as an Elio does". Just then the owner comes out.

I toss him one of my cards and without reading it, he says "oh yes, the Elio". So I get a free pass to look in his trunk. Yep, with the top down definitely more storage space in the Elio. He agreed with that. With the top up, it's a close race. I'd say it's easier to get in and out of the Elio than the Solstice with the top up as well.

He says they have custom luggage available to help address the storage issue. Elio could maybe benefit from 'airport ready' custom luggage too. Although the Elio space is already very consistent with standard Airport carry-on luggage requirements. And the Solstice is not.

RKing

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got to drive a Solsice preproduction with turbo. Wow , really nice but I am about 2 inches too tall (rear to head) to be able to comfortably drive it with the top up! Not so with the Elio :) I was looking directly into the top edge of the windshield, that was a deal breaker for me, tried to order a coupe version when they were announced but never got to see one. There is really no useful room in the trunk with the top down, and what good is a convertiable with the top up !

Top Bottom