• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aptera

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So they have 1! Prototype, and expect to be selling next year!
Sorry
As I recall, the first aptera had handling issues.
How many other "issues " need to be worked out?

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think the Aptera in black is very nice. Since it is quiet and stealthy, it could be The Shadow's next car? Perhaps Batman could go green and drive one?
I agree totally. In AZ I would normally go for a sun worthy color. But with the solar panels already taking the brunt, and since they are black already, it just looks better that way, All Black. Very cool.

I talk a bit about how a ecco car can pay for itself. I park mine outside at home and work, always in the sun, year round.
This new solar endowed Aptera definitely would do that here. I think it will be more popular here for that reason.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps Tesla will develop a driveable solar Power Wall that parks outside the garage to meet our everyday power and commuter needs in one economical/environmental friendly package.

I have to see the Aptera production model and the Beta testing data that validates all the target Aptera specs to believe it and doubt the styling has wide market appeal.

AA5777A8-7DC2-4ACC-8A31-7AB661BE9364.jpeg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
<wide appeal>
That is a major issue of course.
But arguments in the past about that have probably changed out from under us.
There are sooo many people now, that it's more about the idea; "-will 'Enough' people like it to buy it
at a price that makes it worth while to build it?"

This is where Tesla made a big splash.
Without fully conclusive evidence he said "yes, there is enough interest to have a working business model."
(one that will get the needed investment) And he was right.

So how many is enough?
10k units was enough for smart cars to make a go, at $25 -30k each, while they offered something unique.
I think if Aptera can get funded for a production of 20k/yr, they could make a good go at $35k each.

Would I buy one at $35k? If it used zero gas? Yep I would.

I think if they have a plan that does not need all the investment up front, that would work best.
Elio required all of it before production could start, $350m of it. That turned out to be a tuff sell.

Top Bottom