• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto Sold 19.5 Million Worth Of Stock After July Ipo

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Go big or go home...add Dyson to the list of winners!!! The smart folks at Elio Motors or investing in ELIO see it this way. We'll see if principles of economies of scale and mass production are obsolete.
I like the enthusiasm but go big or go home or rather...broke only works for companies with capital, funding, money, dinero, mulah, etc. LOL. Not smart at all for a start up that thinks TOO BIG for an untested market who wants to introduce AND mass produce a 2 seater 3wheeler and for an untested price where there's hardly any room for profit. I love ELIO to succeed...as all of us but it's dawning on me that it'll be a real challenge for EM to find investors to pour 300+ million...just to get the ball rolling! EM had a one chance at making it but I felt that they didn't expect the reservations to stay put at measly 65k. Don't get me wrong, it's something but nowhere near enough to get the investors excited to see future profits if they can even fulfill those initial numbers. Granted that EM didn't have the initial resources to use all sorts of media to generate more interest but that's exactly what I meant, going big on a limited budget but nothing to show for it than prototypes that can't even show numbers how close they are in achieving 84 mpg with the donor engine. I said close because had they tested and reported say, "ok we did 70 mpg on this discontinued engine but we are close to achieving our goal and will try other current 3 cylinder engines out there and report back our results!". Just for the life of me I just can't figure out why EM went the extreme and more expensive route of developing a new engine from scratch when they are still in development stage of the ELO itself where nothing has been finalized on the design, final gross weight, etc. Car buyers/enthusiasts are suckers for hard numbers, that's how you built excitement and interest, "anticipated numbers" just doesn't work anymore when people has been waiting this long. And yes, I'll keep waiting in hopes that EM can still turn the tide in their favor. Fingers crossed. ;)

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Just for the life of me I just can't figure out why EM went the extreme and more expensive route of developing a new engine from scratch when they are still in development stage of the ELO itself where nothing has been finalized on the design, final gross weight, etc. "

Perhaps the people at Elio with the real inside auto industry experience have the answers you seek. They will share info with us when their ready.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Just for the life of me I just can't figure out why EM went the extreme and more expensive route of developing a new engine from scratch when they are still in development stage of the ELO itself where nothing has been finalized on the design, final gross weight, etc. "

Perhaps the people at Elio with the real inside auto industry experience have the answers you seek. They will share info with us when their ready.
That's part of the problem..........THE people at Elio have NO auto experience :(

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Very unlikely. EM can't divulge any info. remember? That's why we're all here making our own speculations!:D For now what we get are wednesday and friday blogs that "educate" us on how to make cars! :D I don't want to make cars, I just want to BUY one...or two! Lol

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They have auto experience, they just don't have successful auto experience.
Which of the Elio Team Members has the broad auto experience you mentioned required to bring a new concept vehicle to market? It seems most of the Elio Team members have marketing, retail sales, customer service, and governmental affairs backgrounds and job titles. These are positions normally required after R&D is complete and a startup business has a validated product in production or on the cusp of production, retail sales, and retail customers.

IMG_8746.jpg

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Which of the Elio Team Members has the broad auto experience you mentioned required to bring a new concept vehicle to market? It seems most of the Elio Team members have marketing, retail sales, customer service, and governmental affairs backgrounds and job titles. These are positions normally required after R&D is complete and a startup business has a validated product in production or on the cusp of production, retail sales, and retail customers.

View attachment 22110
You are right the V-vehicle was not really an automotive enterprise more just money raising venture

Top Bottom