• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’d recommend starting a new three wheelers thread. The Arcimoto FUV is one of a kind fun/utility vehicle with three wheels, sports car like suspension & handling, actual driver comfort, and safety features. All it needs is the pop on/pop off doors to provide full enclosure......a personal requirement.
Rick, please share with use your experiences with driving sports cars so that we can understand just how the Arcimoto stacks up.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would be more beneficial for those interested to test drive the Arcimoto to best understand it’s performance & handling characteristics to make their own comparison and assessments. The Arcimoto engineer responsible for engineering the FUV’s drive train and suspension makes the same comparison.

Last edited:

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would be more accurate to say that the only people who claim "sports car handling" for the Arcimoto know little to nothing about sports cars and/or are being paid by Arcimoto to pitch the vehicle.
Track times, independent recorded tests, and documentation would have some meaning.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One would have to drive and experience the FUV to understand it, to make accurate statements about it and more importantly compare it to other vehicles. After test driving and tearing down the FUV to look at every component part Munro understands it, pitched the vehicle by saying he’ll buy one, and he will help make it even better as Arcimoto scales production. Perhaps Munro doesn’t posses your engineering knowledge or experienced as many vehicles/sports cars that you have. I’m patiently waiting on Munro’s tear down and review of the retail production Elio so I can make an accurate comparison of the FUV to the Elio.
4CF1238F-0D86-4060-A345-3E2488A7392D.jpeg
1607C169-C5C9-422C-A4FC-93875B0A0CD4.png

Last edited:

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For those that compare the FUV to a golf cart, yes golfing is but one of the FUV’s many fun utility uses:
Of course, sports car owners are going to take their sports cars (aka FUV's) out to the golf course to experience the sports car handling on the nicely manicured grass. It's perfectly logical.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Arcimoto “design your personal” FUV Configurator is up and running. The base model is around $17,900, but can get over the top costly with added options. The plan is to target the more affordable $11,900 base model with production scale over time.

https://www.arcimoto.com/design/

I will take delivery of my configured FUV when/if the doors ship from the thermoform shop. “Go three wheels!”, Paul Elio at the New York Auto Show way back when. “Sports car like Performance and handling”, RickB after the fall 2018 FUV test drive experience. Quick and nimble maneuverability. :)

Note: I may have preferred the marketed fully enclosed/climate controlled Elio platform verified by an Elio test drive experience for $20K.

FD82A94F-AC88-4B1B-8A90-A2CC17177559.jpeg BEEE75BB-A44E-47A4-880F-61CBD7AED31D.jpeg
5CA40221-4F7E-4D62-ABD8-5B3E6BAE4ABE.jpeg 26F70C1C-C9F9-47B5-968B-5C1DCF5168F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom