• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most are surprised by how dry the driver stays on a pouring raining day. A nice stay dry open air motorcycle riding experience for those that don’t prefer or need full enclosure. Heated seat and handle grips and some warm weather outerwear keeps riders dry and comfortable in the tropical/desert/ and moderate climates of the current reginional sales/service States. Recently sales opened up in Hawaii. If I lived there, I’d buy one and save money on the door option. Ideal climate for weekend Vanderhall owners. Waiting patiently on full enclosure for my daily fun utility cold weather commutes in South Dakota.
Since you have a reservation and there’s no need for full doors, when are you getting yours?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since you have a reservation and there’s no need for full doors, when are you getting yours?
No need for even the currently available half doors for many owners, but I have a personal need and require full doors. I’ll be getting mine with the availability of the full door option and sales and service expands to South Dakota. Still think about the smiles per hour we got during our test drive experience.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Buy one now and have the full doors retrofitted. Should be easy. As for service, then use Road America as they are nationwide. Just call Mark, and tell him to make yours with half doors but the provision he will have Road America come out and install the full doors when they come out. You have the reservation, you have the right to take them up on it no matter where you live. The smiles per hour would still be there but maybe just half smiles per hour due to the half doors. It's better than zero smiles per hour you are getting right now.

Remember, Arcimoto has 170K service centers in the US and 24/7 service through Road America.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...imoto-Ultra-Efficient-Electric-Vehicle-Owners

As for sales, I just bought a car from Washington state and had it shipped to my house. I assume that it can be done from Oregon to South Dakota too.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Buy one now and have the full doors retrofitted. Should be easy. As for service, then use Road America as they are nationwide. Just call Mark, and tell him to make yours with half doors but the provision he will have Road America come out and install the full doors when they come out. You have the reservation, you have the right to take them up on it no matter where you live. The smiles per hour would still be there but maybe just half smiles per hour due to the half doors. It's better than zero smiles per hour you are getting right now.

Remember, Arcimoto has 170K service centers in the US and 24/7 service through Road America.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...imoto-Ultra-Efficient-Electric-Vehicle-Owners

As for sales, I just bought a car from Washington state and had it shipped to my house. I assume that it can be done from Oregon to South Dakota too.
Had I wanted to pursue half the smiles per hour option, I wouldn’t have pulled my ($5,000 deposit/shipping arranged) early adopter 2019 FUV Evergreen #17 order out of the production queue back in 2019. :) This guy took delivery of what would have been my Evergreen #17 and recently posted a photo with the half doors finally installed a month ago:

1661523393900.jpeg

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had I wanted to pursue half the smiles per hour option, I wouldn’t have pulled my ($5,000 deposit/shipping arranged) early adopter 2019 FUV Evergreen #17 order out of the production queue back in 2019. :) This guy took delivery of what would have been my Evergreen #17 and recently posted a photo with the half doors finally installed a month ago:

View attachment 25969
Hello good lookin'! On a side note, are them batteries liquid-cooled or air-cooled?

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Three years and no FUV. They refuse to sell you one and the promised full doors are six years away. I’d call Mark and have him correct this issue. Pronto.
I think Rickb is in no rush to get his fully enclosed FUV- he's got a TESLA didn't you know? Roll down all 4 windows and he's got open air cockpit or close all 4 and he's got air-tight cabin ready for rain and snow. If anything, he's probably waiting for Tesla's next gen E-bike! :pop2::cool:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Three years and no FUV. They refuse to sell you one and the promised full doors are six years away. I’d call Mark and have him correct this issue. Pronto.
I’m simply not purchasing until the FUV checks all of my personal needs boxes. I’m happy Arcimoto crossed the production finish line and has been delivering vehicles to happy customers since 2019 while in the process of tooling a new manufacturing plant that will facilitate scaling production.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think Rickb is in no rush to get his fully enclosed FUV- he's got a TESLA didn't you know? Roll down all 4 windows and he's got open air cockpit or close all 4 and he's got air-tight cabin ready for rain and snow. If anything, he's probably waiting for Tesla's next gen E-bike! :pop2::cool:
No rush:
1661568766314.jpeg

The Tesla is the most enjoyable to drive and fastest car I’ve owned. Based on my FUV test drive experience, the FUV was the most fun to drive as s city commuter. I doubt Tesla will expand into the E-bike business, but I do have a reservation for the Arcimoto CyberTrike.……no enclosure required riding the City Bike Trails.

1661568502723.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom