• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://710keel.com/will-this-oregon-based-3-wheeler-beat-elio-to-the-pinch-video/

First and foremost, the writer didn't even bother to reread his article since it has a few grammatical errors. Then saying he'll raise 50M by the end of the year. And of course, let's not forget the huge amount of pre-orders of 400.

The point is moot anyways; the SRK and the Elio are for entirely different markets. 70 mile range electric vs 620+ range ICE. Efficient city car vs efficient highway car. $11k vs $7k. Limited production vs mass production.

I say, the more and varied autocycles that come to market, the better!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The point is moot anyways; the SRK and the Elio are for entirely different markets. 70 mile range electric vs 620+ range ICE. Efficient city car vs efficient highway car. $11k vs $7k. Limited production vs mass production.

I say, the more and varied autocycles that come to market, the better!

I agree. There is a market for both vehicles. It's healthy competition. The commuter demographics are similar with the SRK catering to urban commuters and the Elio to suburban commuters. Both AND vehicles will be mass produced and are targeted for world wide distribution. Limited production on either vehicle will be based on consumer demand and sales. Range: SRK's 70 and 130 mile options vs Elio's 620 + miles.

Based on the two very different startup business models with a similar mission statement, my guess is the SRK will beat the Elio to production, but really don't think it matters. The limited number of simple $100 refundable SRK reservations for a spot in line is misleading. Arcimoto has just started touring the Gen 8's along with a marketing campaign only after the completion and reveal of their Gen 8 SRK production model. I wish them both success.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
image.jpeg

Something to be said for starting smaller and getting a product out for the world to see.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$6M? They must be counting the entire cost of the vehicle. Spread over 400 preorders, that's $15,000 per order. Isn't Arcimoto doing a $100 preorder?

If you count that way, EM has $320,000,000 in preorders!
Yes, Arcimoto has a simple $100 reservation deposit and is gearing up to manufacture the current $6 Million in SRK pre-order sales which will increase dramatically over the next few months now that they have started touring the SRK. They are doing an admirable job and creating alot of positive media buzz with their SRK kick off tour and marketing campaign.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I put in my reservation... I must be a masochist... :(

Congratulations on your reservation! I had a SRK reservation 4 years ago, refunded 2 years ago, and currently ready to follow your masochistic lead by putting in another reservation. Primarily due to Arcimoto's major progress over the last 2 years and their impressive stepped up momentum to production and marketing over the past 6 months.

Their simple $100 refundable reservation program for a spot in line is affordable with no risk involved.

Top Bottom