• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not that anybody cares, but my 12 year long interest & journey following narrow three wheeler concepts ends today by pulling the trigger on my official order for one of the first 100 Arcimoto FUV ‘Evergreen Editions’ with a ‘scheduled’ June 2019 delivery date, just in time for Summer. Obviously, a ‘tilter’ concept was/is my preference, but I felt like I was piloting a rocket ship while test driving the Arcimoto :) so it will do just fine until a narrow tilting three wheeler comes along.

My journey started with the enclosed 2 wheeler Eco-mobile/E-Tracer, CarverOne, VentureOne/Persu, BMW CLEVER, Toyota i-Road, Lit Motors C-1, Elio, and finally ends with the Arcimoto FUV Zevergreen Edition or Model “Z” as I may prefer to call it.
View attachment 23487 View attachment 23488 View attachment 23489 View attachment 23490 View attachment 23491 View attachment 23492 View attachment 23493 View attachment 23486

It’s been a blast to know you all! All the best in your 3wheelin journeys.........and especially to 3wheelin and your SOLO rides.

Note: Perhps I’ll hear from some of you on the FUV, SOLO, or Tesla Model Y Forums! :)
Happy Trails, Friend. Glad you finally got your closure.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Ty! I came out of my FUV poster lined den to link this Arcimoto AMP video tour for the couple of people that are critical of Arcimoto’s manufacturing facilities, indicated they don’t trust Arcimoto’s progress and/or their integrity, and ability to deliver retail FUVs. Looks pretty good to me in person and on the video. A trustworthy, dedicated, hard working team on a mission to get it done. “Go Three Wheels!”, Paul Elio quote at Arcimoto’s display booth during the 2016 New York Auto Show.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=...F9yIFCfFSAzaas&v=stxkNEE7ItU&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Ty! I came out of my FUV poster lined den to link this Arcimoto AMP video tour for the couple of people that indicated they don’t trust Arcimoto’s progress and/or their integrity and ability to deliver retail FUVs. A trustworthy, dedicated, hard working team on a mission to get it done. “Go Three Wheels!”, Paul Elio quote at Arcimoto’s display booth during the 2016 New York Auto Show.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=...F9yIFCfFSAzaas&v=stxkNEE7ItU&feature=youtu.be
Thanks, Rick. I haven't followed Arcimoto as closely as Elio or Meccanica, but enough to know some of the history. Just to confirm, with about 5-10 minutes of research, it shows that Arcimoto is about at the same level as the others wrt to trustworthiness and competence in meeting production projections.

https://autoweek.com/article/drive-reviews/arcimoto-future-transportation-or-pizza-delivery
AutoWeek April 21, 2016 - Cost is targeted at $11,900 when full-on production units become available by the end of the year.

https://insideevs.com/news/336774/we-check-out-the-arcimoto-electric-3-wheeler/
Inside EV's Nov 21, 2017 - scale retail production later in 2018 / a $12k Arcimoto FUV

https://fuvowners.com/showthread.php?tid=69
FUV Owners 12-25-2016+ -
RickB 12/26/2016 I'm beyond tempted discussing anticipated timelines after following the SRK concept since 2007 and placing my first reservation deposit on Arcimoto's talk of production targets back in 2011. When it still hadn't reached production in 2012 Arcimoto happily refunded my reservation deposit request.
My point on under promise and over deliver is give me a realistic 2019 targeted production schedule and deliver in 2018.
All is good! A planned SRK or Solo purchase for me in 2017.

It's great that you consider them trustworthy after being 8 years late. Even 3 1/2 years ago, they were promising delivery in 2016. So, from the date of the autoweek article, they are 3 years late, and 67% over the projected price, and you still trusted them enough to send them $5k non-refundable. You may consider that competent and trustworthy. I do not. It took them from 2007 to 2018 to read the DMV headlight regs. Supposedly, at least part of the current production delay is that they couldn't figure out the side marker/turn signal regs. When the major point of building a 3-wheeler is to avoid onerous governmental regulation, you'd think someone would bother to find out what regs DO apply.

Again, Arcimoto has hung you out to dry for 12 years. I'm impressed that you're still in love with them, but your history with them makes me trust them less, not more. I still hope (not expect, but hope) that you will get your FUV before the end of the year. This year, 2019, not the end of some future year yet to be determined.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Ty! I came out of my FUV poster lined den to link this Arcimoto AMP video tour for the couple of people that are critical of Arcimoto’s manufacturing facilities, indicated they don’t trust Arcimoto’s progress and/or their integrity, and ability to deliver retail FUVs. Looks pretty good to me in person and on the video. A trustworthy, dedicated, hard working team on a mission to get it done. “Go Three Wheels!”, Paul Elio quote at Arcimoto’s display booth during the 2016 New York Auto Show.

I'm impressed!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, Rick. I haven't followed Arcimoto as closely as Elio or Meccanica, but enough to know some of the history. Just to confirm, with about 5-10 minutes of research, it shows that Arcimoto is about at the same level as the others wrt to trustworthiness and competence in meeting production projections.

https://autoweek.com/article/drive-reviews/arcimoto-future-transportation-or-pizza-delivery
AutoWeek April 21, 2016 - Cost is targeted at $11,900 when full-on production units become available by the end of the year.

https://insideevs.com/news/336774/we-check-out-the-arcimoto-electric-3-wheeler/
Inside EV's Nov 21, 2017 - scale retail production later in 2018 / a $12k Arcimoto FUV

https://fuvowners.com/showthread.php?tid=69
FUV Owners 12-25-2016+ -
RickB 12/26/2016 I'm beyond tempted discussing anticipated timelines after following the SRK concept since 2007 and placing my first reservation deposit on Arcimoto's talk of production targets back in 2011. When it still hadn't reached production in 2012 Arcimoto happily refunded my reservation deposit request.
My point on under promise and over deliver is give me a realistic 2019 targeted production schedule and deliver in 2018.
All is good! A planned SRK or Solo purchase for me in 2017.

It's great that you consider them trustworthy after being 8 years late. Even 3 1/2 years ago, they were promising delivery in 2016. So, from the date of the autoweek article, they are 3 years late, and 67% over the projected price, and you still trusted them enough to send them $5k non-refundable. You may consider that competent and trustworthy. I do not. It took them from 2007 to 2018 to read the DMV headlight regs. Supposedly, at least part of the current production delay is that they couldn't figure out the side marker/turn signal regs. When the major point of building a 3-wheeler is to avoid onerous governmental regulation, you'd think someone would bother to find out what regs DO apply.

Again, Arcimoto has hung you out to dry for 12 years. I'm impressed that you're still in love with them, but your history with them makes me trust them less, not more. I still hope (not expect, but hope) that you will get your FUV before the end of the year. This year, 2019, not the end of some future year yet to be determined.
Try telling that to the thousands of ELIO reservation holders who's still clinging to hopes that it'll happen! Making judgement of Rickb's decision to put his faith on Arcimoto is uncalled for. I'm in for one SOLO and didn't care whatever negativity I've heard posted or printed. I like it and won't blame no one if I don't get it.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Samuel, I don’t consider Arcimoto 8 years late or feel hung out to dry. It’s been a decade of R&D and testing to develop a three wheeler EV they consider market worthy for production. I wouldn’t have purchased any of the Gen1-7’s had they made it to production. The Gen8 rekindled my interest in Arcimoto and my FUV test drive locked in the fact that I will buy one when it’s good and ready. You are working to hard and making to many assumptions, but I appreciate your good wishes for my FUV Evergreen Edition delivery in 2019.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Try telling that to the thousands of ELIO reservation holders who's still clinging to hopes that it'll happen! Making judgement of Rickb's decision to put his faith on Arcimoto is uncalled for. I'm in for one SOLO and didn't care whatever negativity I've heard posted or printed. I like it and won't blame no one if I don't get it.
Thanks 3wheelin! However, little to no faith on my part, but rather personal trust based on Arcimoto’s overall accomplishments. I agree we only have ourselves to blame for all the fun we’re going to have after we finally take delivery! :)

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks 3wheelin! However, little to no faith on my part, but rather personal trust based on Arcimoto’s overall accomplishments. I agree we only have ourselves to blame for all the fun we’re going to have after we finally take delivery! :)
And on that note, I'm going silent for now until the new shipment of 2.0's does materialize before this month's over. ;)

Top Bottom