• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why a decade? Ought to be implemented within 2 years or so.... Not?
That's what everybody wants isn't it? Heck, I would love to see it next year but the cost associated with the process tells me it's easier said than done. Rickb have to wait years just to get his doors for his FUV- and he has not even confirmed yet if he finally took delivery.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a sympathetic company, but never understood the hype around a tubular frame welded three-wheeler in which two passengers sit in tandem layout. That is soooo unimaginitive, even for a bunch of enthusiastic engineers. That they would ally themselves with Tilting Motor Works was to be expected. As a matter of fact, they bought the company. Tilt is the ONLY way to keep a three-wheeler's front track in check. Remember that the Aptera's stance is a whopping 88 inch (2.235 meter).
1dd8183ad5d970c602bac0cfcb72705c.jpg
If you test drive the FUV you might appreciate it’s engineering to include the in house fabricated tubular frame, performance, handling, and stability. Most fun I’ve had driving any vehicle. TMW’s engineering will add to the fun factor by providing the rider with the real deal feel of a 2 wheel motorcycling experience. My understanding is the FUV recently passed the moose test. Somehow, I can’t envision the Aptera weaving through a set of cones on the test track without the doors popping open or off (Progressive XPrize). The good news is it has doors.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's what everybody wants isn't it? Heck, I would love to see it next year but the cost associated with the process tells me it's easier said than done. Rickb have to wait years just to get his doors for his FUV- and he has not even confirmed yet if he finally took delivery.
Nope, still waiting on doors with a “coming soon” statement from Arcimoto’s CEO. My guess is the Arcimoto and TMW engineers have been working on Arcimoto’s Lean Mean Machine prototype and it will reveal before the doors. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does that mean all them commercial vehicles put into service are running without doors?
Yes, all but one fully enclosed Deliverator and a handful that have soft half doors. The climate in the 3 State roll out regions allow for year around open air use. The current owners like it, but are still looking forward to pop on/pop off doors.

AB9B6104-DC1C-49A7-B5D4-EC93119D534C.jpeg 41CEFAC7-1944-454A-B869-0625631D167E.jpeg DE493A8B-32EF-48BE-9725-6B39B58EE448.jpeg

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An enclosed, tilting three-wheeler needs to be designed from the ground up. The tubular frame needs to go, and the passengers need to be in a less upright position. That will lower the CoG as well. Something like this, of which I am almost certain that Arcimoto knows about it (through Munro Associates). So, for the record. I hope that I will be further the coming six months with getting it endorsed.

from%2Bvw%2Bto%2Btesla%2Bto%2B3wheeler%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An enclosed, tilting three-wheeler needs to be designed from the ground up. The tubular frame needs to go, and the passengers need to be in a less upright position. That will lower the CoG as well. Something like this, of which I am almost certain that Arcimoto knows about it (through Munro Associates). So, for the record. I hope that I will be further the coming six months with getting it endorsed.

from%2Bvw%2Bto%2Btesla%2Bto%2B3wheeler%2B%25281%2529.jpg
The FUV Platform was FMVSS certified prior to production. The upper ‘tubular’ frame meets FMVSS 216a auto roof crush standards. Munro loves it and said he will buy one tubular frame and all. The smart for three is in production? Most people are commuting alone in their vehicle 75% of the time, so the added seat is a bonus for a commuter EV. Bob Mighell of Tilting Motor Works is engineering the Arcimoto Lean Mean Machine from the ground up. Arcimoto is delivering production vehicles to happy customers in a limited sales/servicing area. Munro and associates is partnering to implement production scale and efficiency.

Last edited:

voyager

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi RickB,

Love your enthusiasm. We go way back, ever since the FlyTheRoad site. Can remember writing about my vehicle concept for which I have received plenty of recognition. Everything revolves around timing. I am slowly getting noticed. Tesla changed the automotive landscape permanently. Still, Teslas are pretty conventional looking cars with the exception that they are battery driven. However, the car has steadily grown obese (SUV trend). A huge void opens up between Car and Bicycle. More than 75% of the EU’s and U.S. population resides in and around cities. Cities stimulate micro-mobility solutions, tend to curb car traffic and car parking. Then again, mono-seaters or two-seaters may well contribute to the total number of cars on the road; reason why I added an extra seat. Mostly European and Japanese OEMs have been working o finding the right vehicle format. But there is genuine concern with them that it will cannibalize their present model range of cars.

THE%2Bvoid%2Bbetween%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi RickB,

Love your enthusiasm. We go way back, ever since the FlyTheRoad site. Can remember writing about my vehicle concept for which I have received plenty of recognition. Everything revolves around timing. I am slowly getting noticed. Tesla changed the automotive landscape permanently. Still, Teslas are pretty conventional looking cars with the exception that they are battery driven. However, the car has steadily grown obese (SUV trend). A huge void opens up between Car and Bicycle. More than 75% of the EU’s and U.S. population resides in and around cities. Cities stimulate micro-mobility solutions, tend to curb car traffic and car parking. Then again, mono-seaters or two-seaters may well contribute to the total number of cars on the road; reason why I added an extra seat. Mostly European and Japanese OEMs have been working o finding the right vehicle format. But there is genuine concern with them that it will cannibalize their present model range of cars.

THE%2Bvoid%2Bbetween%2B%25281%2529.jpg
Hey voyager, It has been a long journey since FTR. I liked your concept the minute I saw it years ago. Good to hear you are finally getting some well deserved recognition. The first fly the road concept I was able to actually test drive was Arcimoto’s FUV. It did in fact feel like I was flying the road during the open air drive experience. Most fun I’ve had driving any vehicle. My wife could have cared less about three wheelers until she test drove the FUV. My only requirement from my day one interest was that it be an enclosed three wheeler. Doors appear to be taking as much time as it took the FUV to get to production. I suspect it’s because they want to fabricate them in house and waiting on equipment for the recently acquired 193,000 sf manufacturing plant expansion. The other feature that was high on my early days priority list was tilt. It appears that will be available on Arcimoto’s ‘Lean Mean Machine’ Model made possible by the partnership with Bob Mighell of Tilting Motor Works. If the FUV gets to your neck of the woods, I encourage you to take a test drive.

Top Bottom