• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw an Arcimoto for sale on Facebook yesterday for $20,000, apparently the owned says he paid $29,000 for it originally ...

Each to his own, but I find it a bit mind numbing to consider that someone would pay $29,000 for one of these.

View attachment 26463
I'm guessing they are probably adding in the shipping cost to that price. It's not cheap to ship it across the US if it's located in Florida. If it's in CA, then the shipping is less. For a grand total of $29K and selling it at about a 30% loss, shows that the fun factor either wears off or it was an impulse buy from the get go. In the end, it should be sold by now as having a top of the line, FUV selling at the price of a new one that doesn't have doors, has to be a great deal. Then since someone mystery person makes full doors for the FUV, that night be why the price is so low. I guess you need to have the secret handshake to find who makes full doors for it, as I can't. Yet they exist.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What‘s the target price on the production Model BEX? Can we assume options or will it be fully loaded.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And I though that was an Australian only saying :-)
It's not. Trust me, I find where people show me the solution to a problem, yet can't show me where it came from. It seems these full doors for the FUV are available. Nobody will tell me where I can get them. I now think they are just photoshopped and do not exist at all. It's a problem with the internet today.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's not. Trust me, I find where people show me the solution to a problem, yet can't show me where it came from. It seems these full doors for the FUV are available. Nobody will tell me where I can get them. I now think they are just photoshopped and do not exist at all. It's a problem with the internet today.
People have shown you that full doors are available for the FUV? Please link the photos. Thanks.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People have shown you that full doors are available for the FUV? Please link the photos. Thanks.
You posted a pic of the full doors and I just need the contact info of that company that does so. Here's the pic you posted.
1678746396431.jpeg

Sonoran Sam

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. Surely the existing and future 3wheelers will never be able to compete with car manufacturers in terms of parts availability. These 3wheelers will be mostly hand built and/or molded and depending on how much demand and the quantity they've sold will determine how much parts they will stock. So if you're not mechanically inclined or never got your hands dirty, I'll suggest stay away from 3wheelers or you'll end up like what RSchneider said.
As far as "parts availability", Mark has stated he is keeping a list of where all of the parts (he used) came from (Toyota, GM, Honda, etc.). I'm also looking forward to reading his "Service Manual" for the Mongrel.
And yes I fully expect I'll be the technician fixing/maintaining my BEX Mongrel. I imagine a thread will be started for "Tips and tricks" for fixing and maintaining the Mongrel. My only concern is something like a front end alignment (after struts or tie rod ends). I'm sure Mark already has a solution for setting the toe (and or caster/camber). In the past, I've used the "string method" for setting the toe on various 4 wheel cars and its worked fine. I imagine I could create a jig for the back wheel and mimic the "string method" for an alignment??
I just don't know if there are alot of places that can do a three wheel car alignment?? I wonder what Polaris does for the "Slingshot"??

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You posted a pic of the full doors and I just need the contact info of that company that does so. Here's the pic you posted.View attachment 26466
Not full doors, but rather an FUV Owner designed and installed enclosure for the upper half door opening of his personal FUV. A few owners have contacted him to install them on their FUVs. I believe the cost is around $1500+-. They appear to have an acceptable fit an finish look and the owners that have them, like them. Go to the Arcimoto FUV Club to find the member‘s name and personal contact info in case you want to fully enclose a future FUV. Although I haven’t seen them in person, they look real, although it is the internet so I recommend you confirm before making payment.

1679770640883.jpeg

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As far as "parts availability", Mark has stated he is keeping a list of where all of the parts (he used) came from (Toyota, GM, Honda, etc.). I'm also looking forward to reading his "Service Manual" for the Mongrel.
And yes I fully expect I'll be the technician fixing/maintaining my BEX Mongrel. I imagine a thread will be started for "Tips and tricks" for fixing and maintaining the Mongrel. My only concern is something like a front end alignment (after struts or tie rod ends). I'm sure Mark already has a solution for setting the toe (and or caster/camber). In the past, I've used the "string method" for setting the toe on various 4 wheel cars and its worked fine. I imagine I could create a jig for the back wheel and mimic the "string method" for an alignment??
I just don't know if there are alot of places that can do a three wheel car alignment?? I wonder what Polaris does for the "Slingshot"??
That and the service manual will be topping on the cake but regardless I'm buying one with or without it! The hood will be a different story because a stock one will be cut in the middle and trim to the right width- or I think once measurent is correct it will be the mold for a fiberglass hood so it can be replicated in numbers.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw an Arcimoto for sale on Facebook yesterday for $20,000, apparently the owned says he paid $29,000 for it originally ...

Each to his own, but I find it a bit mind numbing to consider that someone would pay $29,000 for one of these.

View attachment 26463
The “ mind numbing……..one of those” tone seems to be somewhat critical of the overall value of FUV platform. Production scale was/is intended to lower that base price considerably, providing demand is there, Catch 22 the lower price point would likely increase demand. I’m beginning to think demand for three wheelers is and always will be a niche market vehicle. Keep in mind his base price at his time of purchase was $17,900 and he felt the need to add custom paint along with other options that brought his cost over $25K and then added cross country shipping to his $29K total cost. The FUV may not meet your needs for a variety of reasons…..styling, range, full enclosure, etc., but only if you have test driven it, experience the performance and handling would you understand why people purchase one of these. $20K would be a fair price for a slightly used FUV. If it was fully enclosed with available local service, I’d buy “one of those“ because it was quick, nimble, and a blast to drive around town three wheeler commuter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom