• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Are You Completely Happy With The Design Of Elio?

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah! But when they are finally screwed on right they'll stay.
After all, they're nyloc nuts! ;)

And if you're having trouble getting them screwed on right, there's this.....

MechanicallyDeclined.jpg

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't paid any attention to brand, model, or year, but I am always amazed when I am in line at a drive through or going through the gates on the Army post, at the number of times I see people crack the door to hand over their money/ID card because their window doesn't function. I don't think I could live with that inconvenience any longer than it took me to order the parts off eBay or Amazon.
Try carparts.com . Multiple brands and very good prices. Always a coupon code out there for 5% off.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I get his point, and in particular I wish I could have manual windows as well. My only gripe with windows in the past was how difficult it was to roll up the passenger windows when you are driving, but that wouldn't be an issue in the Elio.

But unfortunately, power windows being standard is not due to hubris, or pandering to a bourgeois sense of entitlement, or anything like that. It is simply that we have gotten to the point where power windows are cheaper to buy than roll-up ones. Making them standard is simply to get the base vehicle down into the goal of $6800 each.[/QUOTe

When I roll up the right window, I whip back and forth across the lane. I try to not do that

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't paid any attention to brand, model, or year, but I am always amazed when I am in line at a drive through or going through the gates on the Army post, at the number of times I see people crack the door to hand over their money/ID card because their window doesn't function. I don't think I could live with that inconvenience any longer than it took me to order the parts off eBay or Amazon.

maybe these are people whose window doesn't roll down easily and are almost impossible to roll up. I own one.
1986 Toyota truck

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
My god man, I have to disagree with almost all of your points! Nobody is going to make sure you utilize that cruise control. Ever. Most of the other items you mention are so very nice to have, standard, it still boggles my mind. Electric windows are so awesome, I finally broke down and got them on my last vehicle. Holy smokes, why the f did I wait so long for such a nice treat? Same goes for most of the other things you mention. Breathe deep, inhale what is Elio, and enjoy the ride each and every time you drive this marvel of transportation!
I'm beginning to believe it was a visiting troll; he hasn't been back since 10 minutes after he posted that.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
My daughter was a fine example of that very thing; most of the time, the non-operation reason is 1) leaving the window open when it was raining and flooding the switch 2) "Helpful friends" that would force a window down, or keep it from rolling up because they thought it was "funny" 3) spilled pop/coffee cold drink/melted chocolate/"other" unknown liquid. = owner neglect.

Top Bottom