• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

As I See It, Gloves Off...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got to wonder if they are creating jigs for the frame as they build the prototypes. It would probably make a lot of sense.

that makes sense to me .... Paul has said the body of the P5 will be the same for the production models .... to me it makes sense to only pay to create the jigs once

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
that makes sense to me .... Paul has said the body of the P5 will be the same for the production models .... to me it makes sense to only pay to create the jigs once

Well, the CAD software I have access to goes to 8 digits below the decimal point [and it's some out dated stuff], so if they've modeled a P5, the tooling can be modeled and tested before the first spark flies...just sayin'.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, the CAD software I have access to goes to 8 digits below the decimal point [and it's some out dated stuff], so if they've modeled a P5, the tooling can be modeled and tested before the first spark flies...just sayin'.

I have no experience with such things but they have shown in crash testing that they do make heavy use of software .... it makes sense to me that, as you note, they will go with the most efficient way

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will they build our vehicles according to our spot in line? When in full operation, they would build hundreds or thousands of the same model sequentially. That is, all with the same color and same transmission.

If they build our vehicles in the same order as our spot in line, one may be red, the next may be blue, the next may be white, and so on and who knows what kind of transmission they would have. This is almost hand building which is slow and contrary to assembly line manufacturing. Granted the rate will be slow in the beginning, but would they really do it this way?

I doubt our vehicles will be built in the order of our spot in line numbers.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
once the assembly line is setup, they will build in keeping with spot in line .... the only difference it will make to the assembly is the color and transmission .... in the automotive industry and RV building industry they do so with many, many more variables .... its a matter of getting the right parts to the right place in the line at the right time .... with two variables this shouldn't be much of an issue

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
once the assembly line is setup, they will build in keeping with spot in line .... the only difference it will make to the assembly is the color and transmission .... in the automotive industry and RV building industry they do so with many, many more variables .... its a matter of getting the right parts to the right place in the line at the right time .... with two variables this shouldn't be much of an issue

I think Gino looks at this production
& says been there done that, no
problem. He could probably produce
this trike in his sleep......

Top Bottom