• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

At The Helm!!

Rip n a Elio

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Finally!! After being all in since Dec, got the chance to sit in the cool ELIO in West Palm Beach @ the Barrett Jackson auto auction today. This prototype is simply Awesome!! Plenty of leg & head space. Very comfortable, 360 degree view using rear view mirrors, larger than it looks on the websites. The hardest part will be probably choosing a color!!!
elio 5.JPG
rip elio 11.jpg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking good in there! :cool:

Glad you were able to see this very cool vehicle in person and also decided to join this fun group of future Elio Owners! :)

I hope you have a great time here reading about and discussing everything there is to know about this unique ride however if you ever have any issues please be sure to let a staff member know as we are here to help. ;)

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations on actually sitting in the Elio. It only increases you passion to get your own. Thanks for sharing your excitement

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Finally!! After being all in since Dec, got the chance to sit in the cool ELIO in West Palm Beach @ the Barrett Jackson auto auction today. This prototype is simply Awesome!! Plenty of leg & head space. Very comfortable, 360 degree view using rear view mirrors, larger than it looks on the websites. The hardest part will be probably choosing a color!!!View attachment 521 View attachment 522
Welcome from southern Oregon, Rip. You are so very lucky to have been able to see, touch, and sit in the Elio. And thank you, thank you, thank you, for sharing the pictures you had taken. They are wonderful. If you don't mind answering, how tall are you and how much do you weigh? Nothing personal mind you but other men have been concerned about whether they will fit in the Elio. I am a short woman so I am not worried - at least not about height. LOL Enjoy life as we all journey together towards Elio ownership. Next year in our Elios!!! :) Z

Rip n a Elio

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Welcome from southern Oregon, Rip. You are so very lucky to have been able to see, touch, and sit in the Elio. And thank you, thank you, thank you, for sharing the pictures you had taken. They are wonderful. If you don't mind answering, how tall are you and how much do you weigh? Nothing personal mind you but other men have been concerned about whether they will fit in the Elio. I am a short woman so I am not worried - at least not about height. LOL Enjoy life as we all journey together towards Elio ownership. Next year in our Elios!!! :) Z
Hey hey 'zelio', I don't mind at all telling you & others my height & weight!! I am 6'1'' & right around 197lbs.. had plenty of extra room up top & plenty of leg room, there was a man there that was 6'3'' and had to be about 240lbs..he slid right in...so I would guess anyone around that size wouldn't have an isue being comfortable at all..thanks for writing your kind words..See you on da road !!!

Rip n a Elio

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Looking good in there! :cool:

Glad you were able to see this very cool vehicle in person and also decided to join this fun group of future Elio Owners! :)

I hope you have a great time here reading about and discussing everything there is to know about this unique ride however if you ever have any issues please be sure to let a staff member know as we are here to help. ;)
For sure, diffidently cool I stumbled upon this site here, glad to be along for the ride!!

Rip n a Elio

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Great photos and review. Welcome the the site and thanks for jumping in with a contribution! If you don't mind me asking did the Elio display have a strong attendance of interest? Thanks again for sharing your trip.
Thanks very much!! Ya know,the 1st time I stopped by the 'Elio Tent' there were about 5 or 6" Elio crew members" that were very busy answering questions from quit a few people, so I cruised by again hoping it would be a thinner crowd when a lite drizzle of rain started to fall, nope -wrong..more people !!! Tall ones-short ones-thin ones-ahhh ones that enjoy desert!!! and oh a lady with an tape measure!! So needless to say it seemed like a carousel of people the few hours I was at the auction..So yes, it seemed like a popular spot , on Sunday...

Top Bottom