• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Autoblog: Chinese Ramping Up

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Despite low wages and inexpensive manufacturing, they really haven't made an impact anywhere with their vehicles. I don't suspect making an electric will suddenly make a big deal... Well, it may help clear the air in California. I'm sure part of their haze is caused by pollution going across the big pond.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Despite low wages and inexpensive manufacturing, they really haven't made an impact anywhere with their vehicles. I don't suspect making an electric will suddenly make a big deal... Well, it may help clear the air in California. I'm sure part of their haze is caused by pollution going across the big pond.

Never thought of that. I thought that most of the smoke being blown came from Sacramento, CA. :rolleyes:

2barrel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think there's a good chance you all could be right. But the Chinese do have an eye on the worldwide market.

Just a reminder.
What was said here was pretty close to what people said about Japanese bikes and then cars in the 60's and early 70's.
When I began teaching at Boy's Trade aka. Worcester Voke "the teachers said didn't work on "Foreign" vehicles!!!

Tre'

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is true about the Japanese motorcycles. And the Chinese motorcycles are following suit. They are improving at a rapid pace and are MUCH less expensive.
Remember that quality 'cheap' stuff is all what Most people look for. I read somewhere that 60% + of the cars in domestic manufacturers parking lots are foreign...

2barrel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When they sill had a GM plant in Framingham MA, you did not see any foreign cars in the parking lot. Now you don't see any assembly plants in a Massachusetts. Go figure.

Top Bottom