• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Automatic, Cruise And This!!!

nthawk68

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That is cute and sexier than my wife (I didnt just say that) but I will stay with the basic gauges. I don't need digital and it would be sweet to have rotatable gauges so you can turn them so the normal needle setting is at the 12 o'clock setting.
I had a REnault R10 in Panama that had been buried in the Pacific Ocean twice (tide was 13 feet) the speedometer was rusted solid at 35 mph.....

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I talked about doing something like this in a different thread.
I can build my own tablet dash if the factory option is priced out of site.
I do like the options it offers in a small package and my mind has been working overtime once I saw a couple of the items they include.
In a couple of words "I Like It"

Texconsin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks to me like it's a dash-tablet. Tablet architecture built into a dashboard. Should be able to change the screen to sisplay any kind of instrumentation you want to. We've kicked that same idea around on this forum a while back. Good to see it going into practice, but for $2000. The whole idea of using tablet architecture was to amke it cheap. Thats a little pricey for $40 worth of out-of-the box electronics and a bit of software, but I have to admit, it would be cool.
Like the new Dodge Dart.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When that dash showed up on the ELIO site, I started searching for more information. I just skimmed the story, but I found that un-comfirmmed price at this link.http://green.autoblog.com/2014/11/0...ll-talk-to-your-apple-watch-thanks-to-infini/ That is a ring shank, that happened at my house, my nail gun........but the hand is someone that came over to Help !
The "official word" was between $1500 and $2000, with a basic dash available for those who don't want to go the whole (very attractive) hog. You can get a rear view cam separately.

Tony Gore

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
That does look really nice, but not anything I would pay even $1500 for. I don't know, call me old fashioned, but I just love the look of this cockpit with all of those analog gauges/buttons/knobs:

[Broken External Image]

The only thing I've considered adding from a tech standpoint is a backup camera with a smallish 5" or 7" screen mounted somewhere.

Johnapool

Elio Addict
Reaction score
upload_2014-11-8_19-48-51.jpeg

This really works for me.......

Top Bottom