• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There's a lot of interesting avatars on this forum. Some are easy to figure out, but some aren't. Regardless, there's a story behind each and every one of them. What's your avatar and what's the story behind it?

My avatar is a pic of my boy Matteo sitting in "his" recliner. He gives me that look every time I approach the chair to sit down. He's an Italian Water Dog and absolutely the best dog I've ever had. Perhaps that's why he thinks he gets the best chair in the house. :)

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mine is our beagle/dachshund mix (we think!), Dora. Her original fate was to have ended up on the bottom of the Mississippi at Jackson, Missouri, along with her brother and a rock in a bag. We acquired her through the cook I was working with at the time (June 2008), who went to church with the lady who rescued the pups from her brother in law. She's quite a character; she sometimes uses deception on the other dogs to get what she wants, and a while back, she cornered a skunk under our deck and then came bombing into the bed with us at 0430! THAT was a day! Here, she's outfitted for a ride in the Miata. (One of my favorite grab shots.) She hates the Doggles... :D

OctoberGlory

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mine is our beagle/dachshund mix (we think!), Dora...

I can see why that's one of your favorite pics of Dora - very cool. Kudos to you for saving her - many folks would't be bothered.

A few years back I stumbled across the most miserable dog in the most deplorable condition. She was about 5 years old, filthy dirty, butt ugly, stunk so bad I cringed and covered with fleas and ticks. She had the audacity to separate herself from the pack and walk right up to me, then put her paws on my chest and look me dead in the eye. My first reaction was, "OMG, get OFF me you big, stink'n bit_h." My next thought was I've got to get her out of here and so I did. My plan was to clean her up and nurse her back to health and after a month find her a new home. The month came and went and I couldn't give her up. Right now she's asleep on the floor next to me. Best guess is she's a Giant Schnauzer/Standard Poodle. She's about 70 lbs. and beautiful with a thick black curly coat. Sweet doesn't even begin to describe her. Looking back I ofter think how lucky we were to find each other.

BTW: On the drive home as I was thinking what to name her a Clapton song came on the radio,
What will you do when you get lonely
No one is waiting by your side
You've been running and hiding much too long

Now you know the story of my Layla.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Love the dog stories! I've had the privilege of owning some real characters over the years...all 'my favorites' in their own way.

Mine's an F-15E Strike Eagle gettin' it in a turn, because that's what I build at Boeing (formerly McDonnell Douglas). I've worked on, or built fighter jets since I was 18yrs old. In the Navy, the F-14A Tomcat's were my babies (VF-124), but since then, I've been an assembler on AV8B Harrier wings, the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet forward fuselage, and the longest (22 yrs total over the years) on the F-15's center fuselage. Lots of composites (AV8B and F-18), and tons of titanium (F-15). Can't wait to get my hands on my Elio!!:)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My avatar is "Yellow Bird Ascending" by Tom Perkinson. It is actually a photo of a poster I have hanging in my sewing room. I wanted something that represented the concept of the Phoenix rising from the ashes. I couldn't find a picture of the Phoenix that I liked and then stumbled across this one on All Posters.com. I love color and I love making my clothing with mixed fabrics and colors. To me it has a double meaning - it represents the Elio rising from the ashes of traditional auto industry, and it represents the changes I have made in my life over the last 4 years. I was going to change the avatar to one of me in my Elio t-shirt dress standing by the Elio but I have become so attached to this avatar that I couldn't part with it. LOL. :) Z

Top Bottom