• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ayro 311

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've never seen or heard of this one. Seems marketed for campus driving. It does sport doors, windshield and roof, but no side windows.
Availability, Cost, range and Top speed ??? Link Ayro 311
Apparently you can lease one right now for $299/mo. In 2015 I leased a PriusC for $215/ mo, so there ya are.

AEV_USA.jpg
AEV-311_back1-701x1024.jpg
aev-311-outdoor5_1200xx5616-3159-0-293.jpg

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They had like 30 of them at the F1 race at COTA last year. They were driving all over the place taking people here and there. I just assumed it was a bunch of Chinese EV's that were part of the traveling F1 circus. Sort of like all of the companies that make over the top big watches and Mens cologne. Stuff I'd never buy. There was a display but I never made it there to look at them in detail. Who knew some was making something like that without years of drama behind it?

Aufgeblassen

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My 311 is to be delivered this week! Mainly got it for the many short trips to and around our nearby town to save wear and tear on our combustion vehicles. Biggest disappointment is that it has six (6) lead-acid batteries. I am looking forward to upgrade someday to lithium.

I recently successfully upgraded our golf cart at our RV park lot (70 miles away) from six (6) 64 pound 8 volt lead-acid batteries to one (1) 26 pound 48 volt battery. Battery along with new charger cost quite a bit less than buying obsolete lead ones, vehicle weight dramatically was reduced, battery life should increase from 3-4 years to 7-10, so it is a win-win-win situation.

Heck, I should be able to make it to our RV lot with lithium! Hopefully I can increase the top speed too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aufgeblassen

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Seems marketed for campus driving. It does sport doors, windshield and roof, but no side windows.

Not just for campus driving. For street as well as highway driving, as it goes a steady 50 MPH top speed, with a 50 mile range.

Update on the 311: Production has been discontinued, but I have inside information they will be releasing the 311X at some point. But I have no idea what enhancements/upgrades it will have.

dbacksfan81

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Not just for campus driving. For street as well as highway driving, as it goes a steady 50 MPH top speed, with a 50 mile range.

Update on the 311: Production has been discontinued, but I have inside information they will be releasing the 311X at some point. But I have no idea what enhancements/upgrades it will have.

Here in Phoenix while there are no "minimum speed limits", and there is no real "slow lane" on the freeways since the majority have entrance and exits on the right, the freeways are posted at 65 MPH. Other than rush hour the average speed on the freeway is 70 MPH and the lanes to the right are usually 60 MPH+. I have talked to friends that are LEO's and DPS Officers and their comments are basically if you are traveling 10 MPH slower than the average speed, you don't belong on the freeway. So at wide open throttle you claim a speed of 50 MPH. That would put you at 10 to 20 MPH under the speed of the flow of traffic, and be considered impeding the flow of traffic.

Surface arterial streets are for the most part 40 to 45 MPH with an average of 48 MPH.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personal opinions (even from rogue law officers) don't count; only actual laws do.
On most busy freeways around metro areas, it takes all lanes @ normal speeds to avoid creating bottlenecks. I drove big rigs cross country. Fully loaded trucks going up grades are bad enough without a lot of 50mph vehicles (grades or not) out there clogging 75mph freeways up. Freeway planners made efforts to eliminate as many grades on freeways in most metro areas as they could. You're making excuses for your actions. Pretty weak ones at that.

Last edited:

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On most busy freeways around metro areas, it takes all lanes @ normal speeds to avoid creating bottlenecks. I drove big rigs cross country. You're making excuses for your actions. Pretty weak ones at that.
Don't think their are any actions yet. He hasn't got to run long enough at any speed. LOL.
He is just going to attempt to run on the freeway if he can get it over 25 mph. I hope he makes a video of the attempt.
Also he might consider putting the video recorder in a "black box" just in case.

Top Bottom