• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Battery Question

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
2 questions :

will they install an automotive or motorcycle battery ?

where will it be located ?

Jim

Jim
elio frame 4.jpg

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
2 questions :

will they install an automotive or motorcycle battery ?

where will it be located ?

Jim

JimView attachment 2578

Jim, I know I've asked a question about using jumper cables to jump our Elio from a normal car battery, and the answer was 'yes'. My guess is the Elio battery will be closer to a car battery than a motorcycle battery, but it's just a guess.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Automotive or motorcycle battery? What's the difference? I use small Deka AGM batteries in my cars to save a little weight and because the way I drive means acid spills out of a standard flooded-cell. The Dekas are small enough to be "motorcycle" batteries but I use them in cars. I've also seen motorcycles use "automotive" batteries. Think Boss Hoss. :D

I think it's a safe bet the Elio with use a small automotive battery or a large motorcycle battery - call it what you like - and mount it on the left side of the firewall. I bet it will not be an AGM due to the additional cost.

Last edited:

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The P4 at least uses a standard automotive battery located at the top left of the engine compartment.
NuBjV74.png

Here it's seen next to a small power inverter used to keep the lights running all day at indoor events, which will not be in the production version.

Is that a windshield washer reservoir? I thought I remember a big stink about there not being one...

Top Bottom