• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Behind The Scenes With Paul Elio

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got this and I'm sure a few others received it also.
Not a bad piece, Paul has to learn to spit out the gum before an interview.
So for those that didn't:

Behind the Scenes with Paul Elio: A Frank Discussion About How We’re Going to Succeed

Screen_Shot_2015-08-12_at_6.15.01_PM.png

Paul Elio recently had the opportunity to sit down for a chat with employees at The Motley Fool, a media brand designed to educate, amuse and enrich readers and help them make better financial decisions. As a company that prides itself on giving outstanding investment advice, The Motley Fool’s employees scrutinize every aspect of a business from top to bottom. It’s a potentially tough crowd!

Of course, Paul was completely unfazed. If there’s one thing he loves to do, it’s share the details of what makes Elio Motors different and why it’s destined to change the world.

Paul’s hour long talk provided some amazing insight into the company, its history, its goals and its strategies. Fortunately, the camera was rolling.

Over the next several months, we’ll be sharing “Behind the Scenes with Paul Elio,” a series of video snippets from Paul’s interview. It will give you a glimpse behind the curtain to learn more about the company and the man.

Today’s clip takes things right from the top. Why did Paul start Elio Motors and what makes this a meaningful project <Part 1: About Paul and Elio Motors' Purpose>.

There are very few CEOs who are willing to put themselves under the microscope quite like Paul. He made a strategic decision to be transparent right from the start. He loves talking strategy, but he also loves facing down skeptics and educating them on exactly why this is going to work.

We look forward to bringing you these insights as we move forward. Launching Elio Motors has been and will continue to be an incredible journey. We hope that by sharing Paul’s vision from time to time, you’ll be able to enjoy the journey as much as the Elio team.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just got this and I'm sure a few others received it also.
Not a bad piece, Paul has to learn to spit out the gum before an interview.
So for those that didn't:
I there is risk in putting himself in front of the screen. He's a great visionary, clear thinking engineer, driving force in this project, however there are professionals, who should be retained to present E M to the business world. His repeated "cracked crystal ball" awhile ago, seemed immature at best.

Behind the Scenes with Paul Elio: A Frank Discussion About How We’re Going to Succeed

Screen_Shot_2015-08-12_at_6.15.01_PM.png

Paul Elio recently had the opportunity to sit down for a chat with employees at The Motley Fool, a media brand designed to educate, amuse and enrich readers and help them make better financial decisions. As a company that prides itself on giving outstanding investment advice, The Motley Fool’s employees scrutinize every aspect of a business from top to bottom. It’s a potentially tough crowd!

Of course, Paul was completely unfazed. If there’s one thing he loves to do, it’s share the details of what makes Elio Motors different and why it’s destined to change the world.

Paul’s hour long talk provided some amazing insight into the company, its history, its goals and its strategies. Fortunately, the camera was rolling.

Over the next several months, we’ll be sharing “Behind the Scenes with Paul Elio,” a series of video snippets from Paul’s interview. It will give you a glimpse behind the curtain to learn more about the company and the man.

Today’s clip takes things right from the top. Why did Paul start Elio Motors and what makes this a meaningful project <Part 1: About Paul and Elio Motors' Purpose>.

There are very few CEOs who are willing to put themselves under the microscope quite like Paul. He made a strategic decision to be transparent right from the start. He loves talking strategy, but he also loves facing down skeptics and educating them on exactly why this is going to work.

We look forward to bringing you these insights as we move forward. Launching Elio Motors has been and will continue to be an incredible journey. We hope that by sharing Paul’s vision from time to time, you’ll be able to enjoy the journey as much as the Elio team.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree with the gum chewing. (Spit it out Paul, your not 13 anymore.) He needs to polish up his public speaking skills and come across more like the guy on the start engine video. Maybe it's time to hire a personal trainer in public speaking. Can't hurt and maybe he'll attract some of that big money with a polished persona. Not to much mind you, we don't need another Trump CEO!;)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio is who he is! it seems to be working for him. He certainly got our attention and our money so he is one smooth operator. Why be critical of his average guy persona while he is working hard to produce an affordable commuter vehicle for the average gum chewing family. Accept the fact that he chews gum and drinks a lot of coffee. I assume that's coffee in the cup. Next you will want to see him wing walking like Tesla Motor's Elon Musk.
image.jpg

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I understand these videos and emails are for a wide audience that has different levels of Elio knowledge from the person who is just now hearing about it to... well... us. It's nice when we finally get something that says something new but those tidbits are so few and far between. I'm hoping there is more of the video that has a little insight.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand these videos and emails are for a wide audience that has different levels of Elio knowledge from the person who is just now hearing about it to... well... us. It's nice when we finally get something that says something new but those tidbits are so few and far between. I'm hoping there is more of the video that has a little insight.
That letter did say it was the first part of a multi part video; so there is more to come.
And Motley Fool has been around for a very long time, they know what they're doing.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That letter did say it was the first part of a multi part video; so there is more to come.
And Motley Fool has been around for a very long time, they know what they're doing.
I actually knew they'd be releasing other parts. I wasn't very clear there, I reckon. I meant merely that I hope there is some insight in the next video segments that actually apply to us. (not just stuff we already know)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I actually knew they'd be releasing other parts. I wasn't very clear there, I reckon. I meant merely that I hope there is some insight in the next video segments that actually apply to us. (not just stuff we already know)
There isn't much new info until the P5 unveil and funding sources are locked in. After those milestones we should see some serious information and activity regarding testing, E builds, and most importantly a specific production timeline.

The fact that EM got Motley Fools attention is big news.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There isn't much new info until the P5 unveil and funding sources are locked in. After those milestones we should see some serious information and activity regarding testing, E builds, and most importantly a specific production timeline.

The fact that EM got Motley Fools attention is big news.
I agree on the financial side. MF seems to know what's going on even if they continually try to pull that "There is one company that is super, super great and I'd love to tell you about it but I'm going to string you along and then finally, offer you the chance to pay some money to hear about it." crap. I understand they are a money making organization but it's gotten where I won't even click on their links anymore.

Paul could easily slip in a "once the frame was complete, the engine and transmission went right into place without modification." kind of statement to let us know they are on track.

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looks like the entire interview is available here. At least it;s 54 minutes long, so I'm assuming it's the entire interview. Looks like there's a transcript, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom