• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Birmingham Al, October 24-26, 2014

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay Dustoff, I like this one! Why not use the "little bird" as your avatar? In Vietnam, we called that little Hugh's 500, "the sperm." :D

Should use him, Dustoff! :)
I did once.
Robert Long Hughes 500D Enging Change Tanana Alaska 1978.jpg

Treborfoot

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I live about 40 miles from Birmingham...so I'll be there for sure! Been waiting a Long time to see my car in person! I'm guessing the Galleria in Hoover. But we'll find out on Monday. I'm only 25 miles form there!!! Can't wait to meet my fellow Elioers. See ya there!

My guess would be the Summit on HWY 280 MyElio1678... I am in Pelham so most any Bham location will be close for me.
I will be wearing one of my Elio shirts and a gun on my hip..

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hey there,
i'm headed down to birmingham from nashville on the 26th.
just curious of those that have been to the other events, how long is the wait to see and sit in the elio ?
how long are you allowed in the car?
i'm all in, can't wait to actually see it for real!
At the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, I walked right up and talked to Jerome. The only person I had to wait on to sit in it was my Dad. In all, I think we talked to Jerome for about 20 minutes. The girls were getting impatient and wanted to go see the balloons... go figure. Anyway, some events have quite long waits while others are short. It could be that there weren't many people going to see the Elio at 0600 either!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Charles....

Hope the Elio makes it to Birmingham.... and you do too. I'll most certainly be there, as it will likely be in my backyard. I suspect it will be at the Riverchase Galleria in Hoover. But that is just a guess. I'll try to call the mall and ask if they have the tour on their schedule. There are other locations it could be at, including Brookwood Mall and the Outlets at Grand River. I will keep my ear to the ground.

If you make it to Bham and if you have a couple of extra hours, I would suggest visiting the Barber Motorsports Museum. It has the largest collection of motorcycles in the US and perhaps world? It's a mile or so off I-20 near Leeds. It's heaven for bike enthusiasts. They have a large collection of Lotus also. Beautiful museum....

Your motel is fairly new. Should be safe as well. I believe there is a Cracker Barrel next door to your motel. Good breakfast!

IMO, I think the Galleria would be the best location. It's pretty big with good visibility from the upper level to the first. Folks will see it there better than some other locations around here.

Hope to see you!

Art
I've been to the Barber museum. It was worth the drive from Locust Grove, GA for sure. They have much more than just motorcycles there but to be sure, it is a very impressive collection of motorcycles... not too busy when I was there either.

golfmuch

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been to the Barber museum. It was worth the drive from Locust Grove, GA for sure. They have much more than just motorcycles there but to be sure, it is a very impressive collection of motorcycles... not too busy when I was there either.
I live close to Barbers. If you plan on going there plan to spend a little time there. Some people think they can stop by for a hour. The place is incredable and if your into motorcycles you can spend 4 hours there and still feel like you have not seen everything.

Top Bottom