• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Birmingham Vist Delayed

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A co-worker just told me the 5/5 visit in Birmingham has been delayed. I was disapointed until I went to the site, it has changed to an entire weekend-later in the summer.

Not wanting to totally rain on your parade, but I would suggest MORE than just a "grain of salt" be taken with that promise. . . . "An entire weekend later this summer?"

Personal experience: Elio Motors has now changed/canceled their appearance here in Louisiana 6 times since mid March, and when they canceled the one back in May/June, they PROMISED the people of Louisiana a WHOLE weekend, in New Orleans in August.

Well, guess what my friend, I'm beginning to feel like an American Indian, I've seen so many broken promises: Now August is off the table and they are promising us a visit in November.

I do NOT believe them anymore, and doubt very much that I will ever get to see an Elio until, and IF it ever comes to market.

Please don't misunderstand. I still very much support Elio Motors, and still think that it will come to pass at some distant point in the future. . . , but I personally think that it is "chicken sh_t" the way they treat those that send them money and support what they are working on.

Hope you get your visit in August.

rmcelroy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have not kept track of their schedule from week to week. It may be like dominoes, when one changes...ect. It does seem like a little better schedule could be kept. What I am really surprised about is, I haven't heard back from my congressmen about govt funding, theres a surprise.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, I contacted them about federal funding. Seems like not much is going on anywhere.
It is summer and they don't seem to accomplish much then even in good years and this has not been a good year. I guess I am lucky, though, because I not only hear from my Congressman, I also hear from both of my Senators every week or so. But then I also sign a lot of petitions that are sent to them. :-) Z

rmcelroy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I got a letter from S Bachus, he is very glad to hear from me about "important issues" concerning our country, and will bear those concerns in mind when voting.
Yeah right.

Update: I got a letter from Jeff Sessions, someone on his staff actually read my E-mail and crafted a response. Should I take this as a sign our country is going to be OK ;>

Last edited:

NN4S

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Don't know about that, but I do have to say that Sessions and Brooks have done better at replying to my letters than Shelby does. I have continuously written (some might say "harassed") them about topics close to my heart on a regular basis, and the stacks of replies from them are about 60% thicker than the ones from Shelby. Thing is, they usually do a pretty good job of voting the way I request... makes it hard to boot them just on the principle that politicians, like diapers, should be changed regularly (and for the same reasons)! :D

As far as the Birmingham visit is concerned, I admit that this annoyed the heck out of me! I wanted to see the prototypes in Nashville, but the visit was on the same day that I had to be in Leeds at Barber Motorsports Park with my CNC students for their Skills USA competition. I had planned to take a day off just to drive down to B'ham for the showing, only to see the "postponed until further notice" posting shortly afterwards. I couldn't have skipped the competition, though, so it was a moot point for me. I really did want to at least have a chance to fondle the prototype and sit in it to check fit (I'm 6'2" and around 260 lb.) before committing, but that didn't happen (obviously!) due to the last date change. I still feel that they should have chosen Huntsville as a tour location, seeing as how it is pretty much centered up between Nashville and B'ham and has so much of a technology based workforce. It would seem that more folks in the local area would appreciate the benefits it offers, while folks from the other cities could have driven about an hour and a half and seen it without as much traffic and interference as in their home locations.;)

Top Bottom