• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

"bmw Wins Bid...."

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.....TO SUPPLY LAPD WITH 100 ELECTRIC COP CARS ( not as squad cars)". I was actually hoping it was the 100 pre-prod Elios w/c could have saved them tons of money! According to the news LAPD had a trial period where it pitted an i3 against a Tesla P85D but cost may have factored into the decision. i3 starts at 42K while a P90D (P85D has since been discontinued) has a base price over 100K. The leased i3 will be used primarily as administrative tasks. Can't really fault LAPD for making them "greener" but the ELIO would have been ideal choice too given the chance. With a working pre-prod months away from hitting the streets, opportunities missed but "a good thing can't be hurried" as the saying goes. So we wait.;)

NorCalPhil

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Administrative tasks... so gov personnel getting a company car. <insert complaint about ridiculous government spending here, followed by the economy car of your choice as only option>

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can totally see Elios being used by traffic cops (aka motor cops, aka motorcycle cops). Compact design, but more protected from the elements (and other drivers) than a traditional motorcycle. And imagine if one of them got into a pursuit! The Elio could just follow the other car at a safe speed/distance until the other guy ran out of gas :p

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can totally see Elios being used by traffic cops (aka motor cops, aka motorcycle cops). Compact design, but more protected from the elements (and other drivers) than a traditional motorcycle. And imagine if one of them got into a pursuit! The Elio could just follow the other car at a safe speed/distance until the other guy ran out of gas :p
OK........now one of you photoshop types need to come up with a pic of a POLICELIO vehicle !!! :p

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK........now one of you photoshop types need to come up with a pic of a POLICELIO vehicle !!! :p
Somebody already did a Black and White!
image.jpeg

Top Bottom