• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Boeing And History Of Flight

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Took the Boeing tour ( no pics allowed- got some interesting shots at the History of Flight
boeing3jpg.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The Museum of Flight in Seattle is a great place to visit.
I went to the grand opening years ago, and returned there many times; I was there when they held an air show and you could take "a flight to no where" on the Concord; that was a once in a life time experience (yes, I did take it). I'm also a share holder in the B-17 they have there; I think I own one of the rivets on the body.
RU did you go all the way through the old barn? They have some very cool past history of the Boeing Company on display on the second floor.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Museum of Flight in Seattle is a great place to visit.
I went to the grand opening years ago, and returned there many times; I was there when they held an air show and you could take "a flight to no where" on the Concord; that was a once in a life time experience (yes, I did take it). I'm also a share holder in the B-17 they have there; I think I own one of the rivets on the body.
RU did you go all the way through the old barn? They have some very cool past history of the Boeing Company on display on the second floor.
didn't know there is an old barn. Can say, the docents (young kids planning a career in aero-space), couldn't have been nicer. I too plan on going back. If the cost of living wasn't so high, they do have a yearly membership 200-$300 that includes a ride-
Drove by Paul Allen's collection, but was "planed-out"-close enough to go back.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The "Old Barn" is actually the first building Boeing built planes in; it's located on the NW corner of the property, separate from the main museum. They even have the story of how the barn was refurbished and moved to its location.
Here's the link to what is on display there
http://www.museumofflight.org/boeing-story-1916-1958

Going in there is like stepping back in time to where everything started for them; there is just a completely different "feeling" when you get into it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
You might also be interested in this tour

http://www.futureofflight.org/boeing-tour-seattle

This is up in Everett at the Boeing factory; going into that building is like nothing else you have ever done. You don't get the true size of it until you go inside. First time I went there was for the unveiling of the 777. We saw the prototype because they had not built a fully functional plane at that point.

Gee can you tell I'm an aviation enthusiast? :D

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Ditto! :D I get to tour Boeing every day [including weekends].
I figure since this pic is shown to the public in our HPWO level 4 ceremony, and virtually nothing of the F-15 can be seen [hiding behind us], it's okay to post.
My department.jpg

I'm the guy with the Bronco hat, second from the right.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You might also be interested in this tour

http://www.futureofflight.org/boeing-tour-seattle

This is up in Everett at the Boeing factory; going into that building is like nothing else you have ever done. You don't get the true size of it until you go inside. First time I went there was for the unveiling of the 777. We saw the prototype because they had not built a fully functional plane at that point.

did the Boeing tour- was excellent, as mentioned no pics allowed. You do lose all sense of scale. It best impacted me asI was walking past a bay door and saw a little rectangle at the bottom- it was a "human proportioned (6"-*8") "normal size" -
It was a hoot! They were building a new type that used a lot of carbon fibre, had oversized windows, and only two engines, with the wing tips curled-up similar to the end of a big soaring bird's wings.- Can ya tell I don't know dodo about them, but still will take an aisle seat- port side ( knee needs flexing!!
It was Sunday so the floor was quiet,it's just gotta be amazing when all those "small" folks are on the job.
Didn't notice, but do they use Segways ?, golf carts? EVs to get around?

Top Bottom