• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Borrow $240 Mil, Or Borrow Alot Less And Start Out Slow?

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You have fallen victim to one of the great deceptions of our age - the denial of objective reality. "Everything is perception. Nothing is reality." That is utter hogwash. Psychobabble is not intelligence. Objective reality does exist, whether or not an individual or a group accepts it. The factual trail that Elio has left is pretty clear.
I disagree on several levels. On the surface, the only thing observable is that Elio Motors exists and continues, euphemistically, to move the ball down the field towards production. The end score is not known yet either for the home team or the rival. Until those are known, the outcome can not be determined. Unless you cheer for the Pats of course. :D

Actually I'm a Seahawks fan. :(

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I disagree on several levels. On the surface, the only thing observable is that Elio Motors exists and continues, euphemistically, to move the ball down the field towards production. The end score is not known yet either for the home team or the rival. Until those are known, the outcome can not be determined. Unless you cheer for the Pats of course. :D

No, they are collecting money, running a roadshow, and working on legislation. They are not moving towards production. They have been 15-18 months away from production since they started taking reservations in January 2013. Before that, they were 15-18 months from production "once funding was obtained".

The football analogy breaks down because there is no rival team.

On the other hand, Elio's score is fairly clear: $65M raised and spent.
$20M owed on equipment.
$25M potential liability for reservations.
0 pre-production prototypes. 0 fully tested engines. 0 engines that have been seen by outside observers.
Legislation - laws changed in several states.
Plant - under lease. Past due on hiring deadline. Hiring deadline extended. Equipment sale $50K sold vs $70M+ claimed value.
Private securities offerings - no evidence that any money has been raised above the filing fees.
ATVM loan - 1st step done (ie they filled out the application) Nothing since. Time frame - 1-4 years. They will lose access to the plant before a positive determine could be announced.

The score is known. It's just not being accepted. The idea was good. The window of opportunity was there. They blew it.

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score

You just had to feed 'em hey John?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, they are collecting money, running a roadshow, and working on legislation. They are not moving towards production. They have been 15-18 months away from production since they started taking reservations in January 2013. Before that, they were 15-18 months from production "once funding was obtained".

The football analogy breaks down because there is no rival team.

On the other hand, Elio's score is fairly clear: $65M raised and spent.
$20M owed on equipment.
$25M potential liability for reservations.
0 pre-production prototypes. 0 fully tested engines. 0 engines that have been seen by outside observers.
Legislation - laws changed in several states.
Plant - under lease. Past due on hiring deadline. Hiring deadline extended. Equipment sale $50K sold vs $70M+ claimed value.
Private securities offerings - no evidence that any money has been raised above the filing fees.
ATVM loan - 1st step done (ie they filled out the application) Nothing since. Time frame - 1-4 years. They will lose access to the plant before a positive determine could be announced.

The score is known. It's just not being accepted. The idea was good. The window of opportunity was there. They blew it.
You make me sad...

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Truth or no, I prefer optimism to pessimism and perhaps even realism.
I just don't like reading the pessimism all the time and am confused as to what is hoped to be gained by continuing on here. You know you're not going to change minds any more than we would change yours. We know your stance and opinion, and you know ours. What is your end goal?
I think, as I stated in my last post, your goal is to make us sad. Mission accomplished!

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Truth or no, I prefer optimism to pessimism and perhaps even realism.
I just don't like reading the pessimism all the time and am confused as to what is hoped to be gained by continuing on here. You know you're not going to change minds any more than we would change yours. We know your stance and opinion, and you know ours. What is your end goal?
I think, as I stated in my last post, your goal is to make us sad. Mission accomplished!
I'm sorry that you are sad. I like to think of myself as an optimist. I believe in Christ. I believe that good will triumph over evil. I believe that the kindnesses that we show to others is seen and recorded above. Please don't be sad just because I don't believe Paul Elio and Elio Motors.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You misunderstood. I'm not sad because you don't 'believe Paul Elio and Elio Motors' I'm sad because you feel the need to continually tell us that and that you seem to want to change our minds.
Regardless, happy to have you as a Brother in Christ!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm sorry that you are sad. I like to think of myself as an optimist. I believe in Christ. I believe that good will triumph over evil. I believe that the kindnesses that we show to others is seen and recorded above. Please don't be sad just because I don't believe Paul Elio and Elio Motors.

You misunderstood. I'm not sad because you don't 'believe Paul Elio and Elio Motors' I'm sad because you feel the need to continually tell us that and that you seem to want to change our minds.
Regardless, happy to have you as a Brother in Christ!

I'll try to put it another way.
Stop proselytizing!
It's annoying!
Not talking about Christ.
Talking about the constant negative nonsense.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The only ball that's moving is the marketing ball. The production ball is not in play and has not been in play for well over a year. No movement with prototype builds, no movement at the factory, no recent followup info on the engine development since the engine start video. I'm unsure if there was a design freeze or still working on details. The production ball is deflating it's been out of play for so long and the countdown clock to determine the end game is ticking.

Top Bottom