• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bragging About My Sil At A Party,i Was Asked When I Willreceive Mine. How Can I Figure This Out?

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was asked when will I receive my Elio. I think I remember reading producing 250, but IDK if that's a day or week. Any ideas?

Hey JT,
At 250,000/year (calculated full speed production) it works out to about 1,000 units per day. But it will take a few months to reach that level.
And, Welcome to the forum! :D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
JT16754 this is only a guess-ta-meter, they (Elio Motors) doesnt have an exact start for production date yet.
The 125 that EM is talking about is the 25 E (engineering/test cars) and 100 F (Fleet also to be used for testing).
So if you want to put in a start date of 1-1-2017 it's as good a guess as any, but don't get upset if it's later.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
JT16754 this is only a guess-ta-meter, they (Elio Motors) doesnt have an exact start for production date yet.
The 125 that EM is talking about is the 25 E (engineering/test cars) and 100 F (Fleet also to be used for testing).
So if you want to put in a start date of 1-1-2017 it's as good a guess as any, but don't get upset if it's later.
I'm using May 1, 2017 to allow 3 months of feedback and one month of modifications based on the feedback for production to slowly begin.

Charles Stanley

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Two comments. We don;t know exactly when the production line will start up. When it does the plan is set to increase over four, 45 day periods. In the beginning the production will be 350 Elios a day. By the end of the fourth 45 day period the output will be at maximum which is 1,000 Elios a day. I just posted the production plan in detail in another question that someone asked about the production numbers.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I was asked when will I receive my Elio. I think I remember reading producing 250, but IDK if that's a day or week. Any ideas?

Yeah unfortunately we don't know when you might receive your Elio. The most accurate answer you can give is, "on the day that Elio produces the first vehicle to be sold to the public, mine will be only 16,753 later."

You can tell friends and family the information that Charles and Coss mentioned, but most likely eyes will roll in the back of your friends/family's head before you get done explaining. :D

Elio Motors does plan to create and sell 100 pre-production vehicles to be sold and used by one or more fleet customers, and the plan is to make that happen before end of 2016. So we are hoping that production for the public starts sometime in 2017, but no way of knowing exactly when.

Top Bottom