• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Bricklen 3ev?

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
RSchneider, I’m aware of all the current three wheelers available on the market.

Odd? The reason I haven’t test driven the CanAm Spyder, Vanderhall, Slingshot, etc. is because I have zero interest in the styling, the vehicle platform, and wouldn’t consider buying one. I had interest in the Elio, the FUV, and the SOLO concepts. My interest evolved into your referenced FUV “super excited”, only after my test drive based on it’s EZ ingress/egress, performance, handling, driver comfort, drive open or enclosed, and higher level of safety standards over a typical motorcycle. The retail production FUV has improved over the Betas as a result of road testing and the FMVSS certification. Arcimoto has a direct to consumer FUV sales model Arcimoto operated and Franchised Operated Rentail/Servicing Stores with a few up and running in OR, FL, CA, and Costa Rica. ElectraMecannica has plans for dealerships with a couple apparently open/offering test drives in WA & CA.

Avoid you and millions of potential East Coast Arcimoto customers? Arcimoto spent a week in NYC with 3 retail production test drive FUVs a month ago working their way to Florida. The 3rd or 4th trip to the east Coast over the past couple years.

Messing up big time? Arcimoto’s business plan seems to provide for a fiscally responsible, calculated production scale, and strategic retail/servicing network roll to the East Coast to insure they get it right out the gate, all while developing the Deliverator and First Responder FUV platform models. Arcimoto has a long range plan and has met all of their major milestones along the way to their successful 9.19.19 retail production roll out. Slow, but steady progress with retail sales revenue starting to trickle in. I hope the Trickles of money turn into a flood of cash in a relatively short time during the anticipated 2020 production scale. A successful Arcimoto and ElectraMeccanica roll out will help make for a successful Elio roll out.
Rick, different people like different things. For the price of an Arcimoto and an Electrameccanica, a person could buy a Spyder, Venice, or Slingshot, and still have money left over. They would have a real vehicle, already in production, that has far better performance, range, and functionality.

Messing up big time? Who knows? They're only, what, 5-6 years behind schedule. They still haven't delivered your trike, even with a $5k surcharge. "You can have your vehicle, but without any doors." doesn't sound like getting things done. Compared to the specs on the Carver, which started your Fly the Road dream, the fuv seems like a compromise, rather than a fulfillment of that dream. As long as you're happy waiting, and are happy if/when it finally shows up, I'm good with that.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rick, different people like different things. For the price of an Arcimoto and an Electrameccanica, a person could buy a Spyder, Venice, or Slingshot, and still have money left over. They would have a real vehicle, already in production, that has far better performance, range, and functionality.

Messing up big time? Who knows? They're only, what, 5-6 years behind schedule. They still haven't delivered your trike, even with a $5k surcharge. "You can have your vehicle, but without any doors." doesn't sound like getting things done. Compared to the specs on the Carver, which started your Fly the Road dream, the fuv seems like a compromise, rather than a fulfillment of that dream. As long as you're happy waiting, and are happy if/when it finally shows up, I'm good with that.
Samuel, I agree, drive what you like, like what you drive. Pulling out of the production Queue and waiting is a choice I made for personal reasons. No compromise on my long time interest in three wheelers based on the FUV’s performance, handling, and fun factor beyond the tilt. My choice of vehicle platform compromises in life these days would only be due to old age. My primary requirements are easy ingress/egress, driver comfort, and a quick and nimble 0-60mph. I’m happy knowing I can call Team Arcimoto and have my FUV #19 delivered when I’m good and ready. The majority of my ride time around the lakes will be doors off open air. Thanks, but who compromised is Carver with their new <$10K top speed around 30mph Carver. :)
A50984A2-6B94-4087-8E40-D17F0AC4774B.jpeg

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom