1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

Bring On 2017!

Discussion in 'In The News' started by Grumpy Cat, Jan 6, 2017.

1. W. WIllie

W. WIllie Elio Addict

"Eight prototype and Engineering vehicles"???
    I'm trying to account for ALL of them.

2. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

:D

3. Elio Amazed

Elio Amazed Elio Addict

5 "Ps" and 3 E-series. right?

raptor213, wizard of ahs and 3wheelin like this.
  4. booboo

booboo Elio Addict

Bring on the funding
    to bring on the finalized engineering
    to bring on the production
    to bring me my Elio 2017.

aahz likes this.
  5. wizard of ahs

wizard of ahs Elio Addict

No one gets an Elio in 2017 :(

CrimsonEclipse likes this.
  6. raptor213

raptor213 Elio Addict

The most discouraging part of that recent email blast from EM was the statement about only 8 vehicles having been finished to date. I was holding out hope that more E-series builds have been completed, and they are strategically delaying breaking the news until some undetermined date in the future.

As I understand the process, they aren't building one E-series vehicle at a time, but rather in batches of 5 or so at once. When E1c was revealed to be manufactured with over 80% soft tooling, meaning casts, dies, molds, processes, checklists, etc had been ironed out to a level very near to a manufacturable production vehicle, I became very optimistic that the pace of E-series vehicle development and rollout would accelerate rapidly. Here's to continue hoping...

They've muscled through the difficult part of reverse engineering the processes needed to manufacture their beloved widget. So now they have the IKEA furniture laid out in pieces with a detailed instruction sheet drafted. All that's left, seemingly, is sourcing parts and the manpower to follow the instructions a few more times over.

Maurtis, Travelbuzz1 and Johnny Acree like this.
  7. Johnny Acree

Johnny Acree Elio Addict

well,,, you, and I won't,, but if you have a 3 digit number you might.

8. 3wheelin

3wheelin Elio Addict

'Recently our CEO was attributed to several quotes with statements on the company’s financial health by small news entities and blogs. They are not direct quotes from our CEO. They were taken from our financial statements, which are public reports that include standard risk statements and disclaimers. They are designed to communicate the various risk factors for investing in a start-up company and are part of thousands of reports submitted each quarter by public companies to the Securities and Exchange Commission.'
    Funny! Financial statements don't lie, they can't doctor the numbers so it is what it is, so who cares if the quotes came from the CEO or not?? Everybody now knows where EM stands and it does not look good financially. (source: EM). I'm curious who ACTUALLY writes this Momentum updates/e-mail??? Does Paul Elio had some input on it?? :confused2:

BaldGuy likes this.
  9. imageon

imageon Elio Addict

:pray2:
    MK

10. Maurtis

Maurtis Elio Addict

8 vehicles to date, but P1 - P5 were built before 2016. So in 2016 we had one complete E1c and the other two E series we do not know how complete they were. Saying "In 2016 we built one E series and two partials!" sounds a lot less impressive, LOL.

So the targets for the year were to build 23 E series and start on the 100 fleets. Instead we saw 3 E series only. Yuck. For all we know there might be a holdup on producing the rest of the E series models other than funding, but we have no way of knowing without word from the inside.

I continue to hope for an Elio in my driveway in the future, and am VERY close to picking up a few more shares since we are below $9. But I would not feel comfortable telling my mom to pick up shares...

BaldGuy likes this.