• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

But Can It Drive Itself?

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I'm all in favor of the "unconnected" car. I like to drive; actually enjoy it. If money were no object, my interest doesn't lie in a Ferrari or something similar, my car of choice would be a Caterham 7, which is about as basic a vehicle as you can get.

That is a true statement. The driving itself in a responsive vehicle that you can row through the gears yourself, feel the wing and the smells and enjoy the outdoors without being too insulated from it. There are few things as satisfying as a Sunday drive, with no particular destination or schedule on a lonely road. Good luck finding that combination, but they are out there. I am always looking for them on my Dual Sport Motorcycle. I don't care if they are paved when I am on the bike, so that helps. I will be happy to look for the paved ones with the Elio. Highway 95 north west out of Vegas is usually good. Highway 50 and 6 through Utah, Nevada and into California is a good one too. Parts of the Mother Road route 66 are amazing.

OK, back to work.

Go Elio.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah. Me want me Trophy!!:p
Aahz, I have the perfect thing for you:

Groan switch.jpeg
A throttle :p

L0gic

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I would not give up driving but would love autopilot to work...

Would also love Amazon Alexa integration.

Now that I think about amazon... Elio should sell the car on Amazon when the time comes.... Better exposure.

Now and later. Elio should offer Amazon Pay as a payment option for all-in and actual purchase. Some people just hesitate to use a Credit card at random-ish websites like Elio. Having Amazon handle the transaction increases security and reduces friction.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I would not give up driving but would love autopilot to work...

Would also love Amazon Alexa integration.

Now that I think about amazon... Elio should sell the car on Amazon when the time comes.... Better exposure.

Now and later. Elio should offer Amazon Pay as a payment option for all-in and actual purchase. Some people just hesitate to use a Credit card at random-ish websites like Elio. Having Amazon handle the transaction increases security and reduces friction.
How about replacing the ignition with a credit card reader. This way you can "pay as you go" to make payments on the Elio.

Top Bottom