• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Buttons To The Right Of The Driver On "console"

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I watched a video about the newest Elio and the representative from the company said that the "ECO" and "POWER" buttons were for the automatic version. He didn't go on to explain what the other buttons/ports were. It looks like a cigarette lighter socket with a little rubber cover is just below the above mentioned buttons, and a USB port below that. Is this an accurate observation, or am I seeing things?

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've seen written that one of them is to turn on the headlights. Nothing firm and haven't seen it work that way yet though.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen written that one of them is to turn on the headlights. Nothing firm and haven't seen it work that way yet though.
Turning the headlight on and off is correct (that's the one that has a O with a line thru the top of it.)
ECO will be for cars with automatics only; and yes, it changes shift points and timing curve in the motor to give you the best economy mode.

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Turning the headlight on and off is correct (that's the one that has a O with a line thru the top of it.)
ECO will be for cars with automatics only; and yes, it changes shift points and timing curve in the motor to give you the best economy mode.
I read and think that might headlamps off. I recall in the very beginning writing in and asking since the Elio is a Motorcycle sub category. I will have to have the headlamps on automatically at all times (just like a motorcycle). FYI, that is my recollection. We are not at the finish line, yet nearing production. :D Hoorah Elio

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I read and think that might headlamps off. I recall in the very beginning writing in and asking since the Elio is a Motorcycle sub category. I will have to have the headlamps on automatically at all times (just like a motorcycle). FYI, that is my recollection. We are not at the finish line, yet nearing production. :D Hoorah Elio
I was going by what Jermaine said at the LA Auto Show.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but...
I understood that the switch was for the lights. I took that to mean the INTERIOR lights.
Doesn't the interior light on the pillar have an On-Off switch on them? I thought they did.
Looking at the picture close up, it looks like the switch is on top (grey rocker switch)

elio-motors-ec1-la-2016Back Seat.jpg

But I recalled it as the headlight switch.

Anyone here that has seem the E1C recently in person (rather than thru pictures)??
Can you help us with what you recall them saying while you were there?

Top Bottom