• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Can-am Sypder

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd go for the Slingshot, long before the Spyder,the price is close, and although they are both motorcycles the "luxury" of sitting in not on, and lcog. seems a winner.( No closed cabin/no a.c.) bummer here in SFlorida
I've Given myself until the end of this year, and will slide over to the Slingshot. @72 time is precious and I want to go out with a grin on my face, hopefully driving my Elio.......

trock59

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of seeing a Slingshot here in N. Fla this weekend at a local event and it is a much better deal than the Can-Am for comfort (I'm 6'6 and fit) and wow factor. At 20k (most people were guessing 30-50k) it's the best for those who love to drive like they are 20 again. I am still sold on the Elio for it's enclosed cabin w/ creature comforts and affordability but if it doesn't start rolling off the assembly lines soon I might have to splurge for the Slingshot (the sales rep said turn the traction control off and you can drift it all day) before I get too old.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WOW, that is an incredible looking ride...I'm surprised you sold it. I'm not sure if I could ever get my wife to sit on the back. It would be just like my GAZELLE.. I have to cruise in it all by my lonesome.

Why would she NOT like a Gazelle ?????? :confused:

janderlg1.jpg

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of seeing a Slingshot here in N. Fla this weekend at a local event and it is a much better deal than the Can-Am for comfort (I'm 6'6 and fit) and wow factor. At 20k (most people were guessing 30-50k) it's the best for those who love to drive like they are 20 again. I am still sold on the Elio for it's enclosed cabin w/ creature comforts and affordability but if it doesn't start rolling off the assembly lines soon I might have to splurge for the Slingshot (the sales rep said turn the traction control off and you can drift it all day) before I get too old.
If you take it for the 20k, I think you sacrifice some excellent (albeit expensive) options,i.e. the windshield(s), with a few other "accessories" easily up to 25k. Down here, they seem to be hurting and want to deal I 've seen vids, never on one, nor how reliable it is.- Milage. I could give a poop!

Top Bottom