• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Car Pool

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been on several different forums over the last few years and this is by far the best organized, most user friendly, and most informative of them all. I was wondering if our moderator or a group member could figure out a way to get people who will get their elio around the same time together in order to car pool to Shreveport. I found a member who is interested in renting a car for the drive down but I am afraid our Elios will be ready months apart. I just went all in for 1K and so I don't have a number yet. When I do I will put it and my location out there for all to see. Larry

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have been on several different forums over the last few years and this is by far the best organized, most user friendly, and most informative of them all. I was wondering if our moderator or a group member could figure out a way to get people who will get their elio around the same time together in order to car pool to Shreveport. I found a member who is interested in renting a car for the drive down but I am afraid our Elios will be ready months apart. I just went all in for 1K and so I don't have a number yet. When I do I will put it and my location out there for all to see. Larry
Hi and welcome from Oregon, larryboy. That sounds like a great idea. I'm also waiting for my "magic" number but I live way too far away. If I go, and I am planning to, I will take Amtrak. It is only 72 hours if there are no delays. LOL Of course my son came down from Washington for Labor Day Weekend and they had engine problems on the trip back. They were stuck near Olympia, WA for 6 hours without access to toilets and other amenities because nothing was working. One would think someone would have sent buses but apparently the train was very crowded and it may have taken a lot of buses to off load them. Also I don't know where near Olympia they were. It was a nightmare trip. Do you think he will visit again? :( :rolleyes:

Since our moderators are so modest, I will thank you for your compliments. I agree completely. I tried 2 forums in March and this one won hands down. It was like I was invisible on the other forum. It was also definitely not user friendly and yet there are some people here who are also on that other forum. Go figure! o_O :) Z

Last edited:

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi and welcome from Oregon, larryboy. That sounds like a great idea. I'm also waiting for my "magic" number but I live way too far away. If I go, and I am planning to, I will take Amtrak. It is only 72 hours if there are not delays. LOL Of course my son came down from Washington for Labor Day Weekend and they had engine problems on the trip back. They were stuck near Olympia, WA for 6 hours without access to toilets and other amenities because nothing was working. One would think someone would have sent buses but apparently the train was very crowded and it may have taken a lot of buses to off load them. Also I don't know where near Olympia they were. It was a nightmare trip. Do you think he will visit again? :( :rolleyes:

Since our moderators are so modest, I will thank you for your compliments. I agree completely. I tried 2 forums in March and this one won hands down. It was like I was invisible on the other forum. It was also definitely not user friendly and yet there are some people here who are also on that other forum. Go figure! o_O :) Z

Well, I got my number over night! Looks like I get Elio #6109. Anyone who can get to the Omaha area or lives on the way to Shreveport with a number close to mine start a conversation and maybe we can work out some sort of a ride sharing plan. I fully expect to have to fly down but am flexible. Now we start figuring out when our little beauties will be built

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Well, I got my number over night! Looks like I get Elio #6109. Anyone who can get to the Omaha area or lives on the way to Shreveport with a number close to mine start a conversation and maybe we can work out some sort of a ride sharing plan. I fully expect to have to fly down but am flexible. Now we start figuring out when our little beauties will be built

Congrats Larry! I am 8744. Based on the chart/graph of Elio Motors production ramp-up plans, your vehicle and mine will be in my estimation about 8-9 working days apart. I can't ask you to wait two weeks for mine to be built, so I won't be able to ride down with you.

Good carpooling idea though, hopefully you can find someone to join you.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congratulations.

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm 5475 and just 2 hours west of Omaha. Might have to think about a ride share.

Top Bottom