• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Carrying Cost?

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At $127.00 a car, a month and no money down.. How many cars will have to be produced to reach the amount of money per month, required to cover operating capital?

Worst case scenario, the cost of every car manufactured by EM, could end up being carried by the company till it is paid for, if everyone used the credit card method.

Do I have this right?

I think EM should take 50 or 60 million and start EMAC and finance all the cars them selves at 1 or 2% interest.
At one time GMAC was making more money then GM was.

Last edited:

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At $127.00 a car, a month and no money down.. How many cars will have to be produced to reach the amount of money per month, required to cover operating capital?

Worst case scenario, the cost of every car manufactured by EM, could end up being carried by the company till it is paid for, if everyone used the credit card method.

Do I have this right?

I think EM should take 50 or 60 million and start EMAC and finance all the cars them selves at 1 or 2% interest.
At one time GMAC was making more money then GM was.

I doubt Elio has the money to finance all the vehicles.

AltoidBox

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I assumed it would be similar to traditional financing. A bank will put up the money and collect the payments and interest, Elio gets paid immediately. They just have to find a bank that is willing to operate on the proposed gas card payment plan.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I assumed it would be similar to traditional financing. A bank will put up the money and collect the payments and interest, Elio gets paid immediately. They just have to find a bank that is willing to operate on the proposed gas card payment plan.

That is what I thought and assumed.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio is a new company so they need all the income they can get which means carrying loans is not what they want to be doing.
I don't think this credit card deal will ultimately be very friendly for buyers however the more I think about it the more I understand what a great deal it would be for Elio Motors. I am sure Elio wants us to use the credit card financing deal because not only would they get paid right away but also in exchange for the exclusive marketing deal with the credit card bank Elio will likely also get a portion of the interest.
The problem with this is that the credit card bank has to set the interest rate high enough to cover all their costs and profit plus paying EM a few points for the exclusive deal.
If your credit is decent enough you will likely be able to get a better rate via traditional financing methods.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thanks. That clears up a lot.

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The gas/credit card financing idea leaves me scratching my head. Why would someone use it to put gas in their Elio at 3X the price when they can fill it up with a different card or cash? There has to be a minimum payment, so why the weird gas payback thing? I just don't see why anyone would use it since there has to be a minimum payment anyway.

Top Bottom