• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Cash Out Refund The Non-refundable ??

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is a way around that, but the seller has to take possession and then agree to deliver it to that new seller. It is essentially a futures contract. A derivative would be to buy an option to purchase (for an amount of the sellers down payment to get them out of their commitment) for the amount of the Elio less the option amount or some portion of it. You could even get around taking possession by simply authorizing the optionor to take delivery for the owner/optionee. That's all beyond the control of Elio and would not affect the position in line. Elio not involved in the secondary transaction. To them, the original owner's agent is simply taking possession under their original contract. The new owner's separate option responsibilities are irrelevant. Elio has indicate they would not be a party to such an agreement to assign the contract without bumping the number down, but they are out of it with an option which is a separate contract to which they are not a party.

However, this is beginning to sound like legal advice, so be sure to check with a real attorney and don't take my word for it. I've spent extensive time working on contracts, but I am NOT an attorney.

FYI Encroachment agreements, Gas Purchase and Sales agreements, Modifications and Terminations under Order 500, Right of Way Purchase Agreements, Cell Site Acquisition agreements. Fiber Optic Site acquisition, etc.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a way around that, but the seller has to take possession and then agree to deliver it to that new seller. It is essentially a futures contract. A derivative would be to buy an option to purchase (for an amount of the sellers down payment to get them out of their commitment) for the amount of the Elio less the option amount or some portion of it. You could even get around taking possession by simply authorizing the optionor to take delivery for the owner/optionee. That's all beyond the control of Elio and would not affect the position in line. Elio not involved in the secondary transaction. To them, the original owner's agent is simply taking possession under their original contract. The new owner's separate option responsibilities are irrelevant. Elio has indicate they would not be a party to such an agreement to assign the contract without bumping the number down, but they are out of it with an option which is a separate contract to which they are not a party.

However, this is beginning to sound like legal advice, so be sure to check with a real attorney and don't take my word for it. I've spent extensive time working on contracts, but I am NOT an attorney.

FYI Encroachment agreements, Gas Purchase and Sales agreements, Modifications and Terminations under Order 500, Right of Way Purchase Agreements, Cell Site Acquisition agreements. Fiber Optic Site acquisition, etc.
Do you really think that llarrabee is going to jump through that may hoops?
Read his post again:
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/cash-out-refund-the-non-refundable.5514/page-2#post-138831
I kind of doubt it.

tjcoutts

Reaction score
Based on what people are reporting that Elio said on this issue, the answer is simply "you can't sell your number." Because "going to the back of the line and not getting the discount" is the same as just coming in without buying anything at all. On that basis, your number has no value (beyond the value of getting your Elio, of course).

On the other hand, policing informal selling of a place in line would be both damn near impossible, and quite probably illegal (line positions have value, as has been tested in court from Broadway to the local Apple Store). If you want to make a deal with someone to sell your number, just make it on the side. What Elio doesn't acknowledge, they don't have to deal with.

I donated my reservation to a non profit with a $1500 value and got 25% CREDIT ON MY FED TAX AND 6% On STATE SO i AM OUT LESS THAn $50 I am a CPA and former IRS agent so iit is legal to claim ACV at time of transaction

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would love to get my 1000.00 bucks , I think it is wrong of them and sorry this making 100 vehicles and selling them when we are to suppose to get our first , then with another delay and , them going in more debt , tells us we are probably not going to see our elio
There were always going to be test vehicles. The only difference is that they will be external test vehicles instead of internal test vehicles and they will receive some revenue to offset the cost. Do you really want a Pre-production test vehicle? I wouldn't.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I donated my reservation to a non profit with a $1500 value and got 25% CREDIT ON MY FED TAX AND 6% On STATE SO i AM OUT LESS THAn $50 I am a CPA and former IRS agent so iit is legal to claim ACV at time of transaction
The numbers don't add up even if it is truly a credit and not a deduction.
$1000 out.
$375 Federal Credit (25% of $1500)
$ 90 State Credit (6% of $1500)
$465 back
$535 in the hole and a question about how you obtained an asset (50% match) for which you took a Credit without declaring it income at some point?

I'm sure you won't have trouble because the IRS is your friend.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll never understand people who want their money back or think they are entitled to it. There are a couple exceptions I've heard due to health issues, but other than that. The contract was very clear, if you want the 50% bonus you have to commit to the product with no guarantees. We all read it. It was not in fine print where it was hard to see. It was very clear. Neither side is bound to the commitment. But there is no refund.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll never understand people who want their money back or think they are entitled to it. There are a couple exceptions I've heard due to health issues, but other than that. The contract was very clear, if you want the 50% bonus you have to commit to the product with no guarantees. We all read it. It was not in fine print where it was hard to see. It was very clear. Neither side is bound to the commitment. But there is no refund.
I don't know if it's so much "get the money back"; I think it might be more of "I want to make more by selling my number; and willing to wait for a later release if I still feel like buying one".

They're just not as into it as most of us are.

Jerry Hudis

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I am all in for $1000.00 and will wait until my car is ready for delivery.. Like buying a lottery ticket for that amount, maybe it will pay off and maybe not? Looking for my Red unit, with cover, automatic, cc, and I will install special dash. Of course air conditioned with tinted windows: WOW

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ANYONE INTERESTED IN CASHING OUT ?
GETTING A REFUND ON YOUR NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT ?

PUT THAT MOOLA BACK INTO THE BANK, AND WAIT TILL THIS ACTUALLY IS BEING MANUFACTURED ?

ANY TAKERS ?
Are you interested in buying?

If you are interested in buying a non-refundable deposit, there is this bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

Top Bottom