• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Cash Out Refund The Non-refundable ??

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you interested in buying?

If you are interested in buying a non-refundable deposit, there is this bridge in Brooklyn for sale.
Let's see, you're responding to a post from Jan 7, 2015 from a member that hasn't been back since Mar 2015.
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for an answer. :p

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We all know the stated rules but my instincts tell me that there will be many ways around them . Once launched, Elio will probably not spend a minute of time being concerned with who is buying .
IE :
-"Dad" has a place in line for 2 Vehicles . One for each of his darling daughters . If they can't be registered directly to them, "Dad" promises to walk away . Marshalling Center asks if he wants Auto or Standard .
-Individual goes to Center to pick up "his" car that he wants to donate directly to charity .
- Individual claims he has months to live and wants his "spouse" to have the Elio .
Or the simple , honest approach is to just sell your Elio minutes after the purchase .

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
We all know the stated rules but my instincts tell me that there will be many ways around them . Once launched, Elio will probably not spend a minute of time being concerned with who is buying .
IE :
-"Dad" has a place in line for 2 Vehicles . One for each of his darling daughters . If they can't be registered directly to them, "Dad" promises to walk away . Marshalling Center asks if he wants Auto or Standard .
-Individual goes to Center to pick up "his" car that he wants to donate directly to charity .
- Individual claims he has months to live and wants his "spouse" to have the Elio .
Or the simple , honest approach is to just sell your Elio minutes after the purchase .
I like the last one best.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
- Elio isn't going to care who they get registered to, only that the reservation holder is signing the receipt. Non-issue.
- Again, no issue. So long as Mr. Individual reservation holder is the one taking receipt, Elio doesn't care what happens to the Elio.
- Mr. Months-to-live reservation holder will have an estate and an executor. The estate will have to buy the car or lose the $1k.

Elio can't make any exceptions to the rules because they would be opening themselves up to lawsuits from those further down the list. Especially as a public company.

I suspect there will be many Elios on evilBay from the first few hundred to reach the public. An enterprising owner in the first few hundred might list it with a starting bid 50% more than purchase price, and buy-it-now for double the price. If it doesn't sell, nothing lost. If it does, they can buy another later and have a lifetime of paid-for gas. :D

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well...
I'll do one better. I don't think EM is going to care who's paying...
As long as the reservation holder signs for the Elio that they reserved.
With permission from EM(to prevent folks from trying to cutting in line manipulation)- for example, -I'll give you (No. 1234 SIL) $500 to buy your reservation- so things aren't etched in stone. The exception you're looking at I believe has been done. There was a wonderful leader here was for a long time was the "glue" that kept us together sharing her love. (BTW, she was on a tight budget couldn't afford the 1k, and other members here helped achieve that goal. I believe her son had the opportunity to take her SIL, and chose to donate it to her local Y
The rule that in place, if you do transfer your 1K SIL, the purchaser moves to the last position (whatever the $ deposit group)
If # 1234 sells his deposit, the buyer loses SIL 1234, and will get the number after the last person to put $ down.
Also, I am indeed going to try and "cash-in"- (check my deposits/reservations), on what will hopefully be the gap between having it, and selling it to someone who will pay a premium to get it ASAP- think Prius, dealers punched up the price- supply and demand.
I'm basically risking $50.00 for the option to buy 2 additional units.

Top Bottom