• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Change To Elio Motors Web Site.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://www.eliomotors.com/

Just took a peek at the Elio Motors site to see how the countdown was doing. Take a look for yourself and you'll notice the changes. I see the countdown box is gone. Must have hit the 65k mark. And, if you want to buy an Elio now it will cost you $7450. base price. Haven't looked any deeper for changes. You can post what you find here.

Last edited:

SandyCWV

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
https://www.eliomotors.com/

Just took a peek at the Elio Motors site to see how the countdown was doing. Take a look for yourself and you'll notice the changes. I see the countdown box is gone. Must have hit the 65k mark. And, if you want to buy an Elio now it will cost you $7450. base price. Haven't looked any deeper for changes. You can post what you find here.
The counter is there. Down on the bottom. Lots of links that I either didn't see before, or are much easier to find. Like the Projected Elio Locations map. I will still have to drive a long way to shop on site. Oh well. Build it please. :)

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The counter is there. Down on the bottom. Lots of links that I either didn't see before, or are much easier to find. Like the Projected Elio Locations map. I will still have to drive a long way to shop on site. Oh well. Build it please. :)
Sandy, I believe the counter that you are seeing is no longer active. Correct me if I am wrong.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score

As to the store locations, either Elio doesn't update the list very often or they don't pay any attention to what is said on this forum. I posted info about their proposed Baytown, Texas location some time back, but it's still on the list.

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The counter is there. Down on the bottom.
Reasons for counter still being present:
1. The counter is still a good marketing tool because it shows the established strength of the market demand.
2. Elio will continue to update the counter on a weekly basis.
3. For some, unknown justification, reasons one and two do not apply. The admin just forgot to remove the counter. Just saying.

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Reasons for counter still being present:
1. The counter is still a good marketing tool because it shows the established strength of the market demand.
2. Elio will continue to update the counter on a weekly basis.
3. For some, unknown justification, reasons one and two do not apply. The admin just forgot to remove the counter. Just saying.
4. Counter updates every Monday afternoon...So a change on Monday 3/13.
5. People still jumping off the fence with the count at 64951 till Monday... Officially 49 left... Akamai!

Last edited:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hope this is not all the news that was going to come out of reaching 65,000.
The news will be "funding to start production". BIG NEWS! Who knows when we will hear about it, I do, after it has happened. Stay "True Blue".
Patience, I am sure we will hear something from Elio in an e-mail soon about the 65,000 goal.

Last edited:

raptor213

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Technically, it's not a base price of $7450, but rather a 'targeted' numerical figure, analogous to the days of 'targeted base price of $6800'.

Also of mention is the apparent continued advertising of a limited-time 25% reservation deposit bonus promotional offer. One of my own personal premonitions was that after surpassing the 65,000 figure, we'd see the bonuses disappear. This would have had both monetary and non-monetary stipulations - Elio Motors could financially boost their financial bottom line by discontinuing the practice of having an accounting liability attributed to each and every all-in reservation deposit, AND Elio Motors could strike a bold and significant contrast between the pre-65,000 and post-65,000 reservation holders, allowing them to later cater specially to what could be coined "early adopters" or similar branding.

Aside from the typical Momentum or Three Wheeling blog post published on Friday afternoons, I would anticipate Elio Motors to be preparing a carefully worded official press release bulletin that would hit the PR Newswire and be mass-disseminated and re-distributed across multiple networks, agencies, and platforms. I can't imagine them not having had something already prepared in the wings for this moment.

Top Bottom