• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Channel 3 Shreveport, Elio Finances Worsening

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The rubber band's been stretched a bit too long....but it's still have a little snap left in it...provided funding is found soon, 2019 it is!
MY opinion, in 2 -3 years the Elio "concept", will be produced-i.e a small 3 wheel vehicle that will be EV . Sad news it'll be made with maybe 10% USA off the shelf parts (China/India??)
Three more years, and I'll need a parking place in front of the nursing home,- if the kids don't take the keys away!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
MY opinion, in 2 -3 years the Elio "concept", will be produced-i.e a small 3 wheel vehicle that will be EV . Sad news it'll be made with maybe 10% USA off the shelf parts (China/India??)
Three more years, and I'll need a parking place in front of the nursing home,- if the kids don't take the keys away!
The EV will be equipped with auto park and autonomous driving.......no keys required. The only requirement is we need to remember where we're going.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If we keep up the sense of humor, we'll be ok. Afterall, we all started with nothing but a dream of owning an ELIO....ending up with nothing in the end shouldn't be a surprise to everyone as we all understood the risks. I would welcome the next one that would keep my dream alive of owning a 3wheeler, EV or ICE, don't matter. On a side note, got an newsletter from Mr. Knoll of Electra Meccanica saying they will start Canadian deliveries of their SOLO this month at around 10 a month and then increase the volume overtime. Further. the US compliance should be completed also by this month and can start deliveries soon after with plans of setting up store in the US also. So, the dream is alive folks!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If we keep up the sense of humor, we'll be ok. Afterall, we all started with nothing but a dream of owning an ELIO....ending up with nothing in the end shouldn't be a surprise to everyone as we all understood the risks. I would welcome the next one that would keep my dream alive of owning a 3wheeler, EV or ICE, don't matter. On a side note, got an newsletter from Mr. Knoll of Electra Meccanica saying they will start Canadian deliveries of their SOLO this month at around 10 a month and then increase the volume overtime. Further. the US compliance should be completed also by this month and can start deliveries soon after with plans of setting up store in the US also. So, the dream is alive folks!
...........and get some value out of an Elio deposit and/or any other vehicle deposit. A good thing if the SOLO meets your alternate commuter needs.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I don't give a darn what is happening with Electra Meccanica, it has nothing to do with what's happening to Elio and all of us. I came into this with faith and high hopes, but they are both dying quickly. The only good thing I expect to come out of my $1,000 deposit is that I've been able to use the Elio for the past 2 years to keep my wife from spending $25 or 30K on a stupid VW beetle because it "looks cute". "If we keep up the sense of humor, we'll be ok." Are you kidding? Tell you what, start putting your sense of humor in one hand and start shoveling mud in the other and see which one fills up first! :flame:

Top Bottom