• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Charlotte, Nc; Dec 05, 2014 - Dec 07, 2014

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
JEBar, have a great visit. Good to get there early because that line gets long fast. Don't take too much money -- lot's of people in that mall trying to get you to buy things.

my wife has some Macy's gift cards that she's interested in spending .... hopefully for us that will be about it .... did you notice a food court in the Mall

Jim

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll be there first thing tomorrow when the mall opens, stay until lunch then come back around dinner time. Staying at the DoubleTree next to the mall.

Welcome to the forum. I'm about 60 miles east of Sparta. If you're taking I-40, Honk and wave as you pass exit 350/Midtown! :)
I feel bad for not going, It would have been nice to meet everyone.

Last edited:

GaPuddles

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I so glad I made the long trip the Charlotte today. It definitely confirmed my decision on getting one. I would post pictures on here but my files are too big. I did post a small album on the facebook Elio Owners page. I was told that next year when they do their tours with the P5....yes that's right...the P5....that they will also have a Elio for reservation holders to test drive. That should be a hoot.

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I so glad I made the long trip the Charlotte today. It definitely confirmed my decision on getting one. I would post pictures on here but my files are too big. I did post a small album on the facebook Elio Owners page. I was told that next year when they do their tours with the P5....yes that's right...the P5....that they will also have a Elio for reservation holders to test drive. That should be a hoot.
Good news about there being a P5. Did they mention when it would be finished?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

OUTSTANDING .... after reading so much on this forum and seeing so many pictures made by others, did anything surprise you

Jim

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Charlotte visit. First off, that’s the biggest damned mall I’ve ever been in and not easy to get to, quite stressful for a country boy with mall-phobia. Where I live everyone drives a pick-up truck. When I parked I noticed mine was the only pick-up in the lot. My wait in line was about an hour and this was only Friday. My observations are probably not new. The car is definitely cool and I can’t wait for delivery. It’s small than I expected and really does look like one of those shells around a motorcycle, except for the protruding front wheels. The dashboard is buttugly like out of the 50s, but isn’t that going to change in P5? The hatch is even smaller than I imagined and you can probably only fit a laptop case in there. The back seat didn’t fold all the way down like I expected, but, again, I think this is only a stand-in for the final design. I’m only 5’9” and my head hit the roof in the back seat, but the rep told me that the seat would be lower in the final model. I noticed people got in and out of the back seat with some difficulty and it would be nice to have a back door. I was surprised how low to the ground the car is. It looked like about 4 inches of clearance at the lowest point of the wheel suspension and not much more than that for the chassis. So avoid ruddy dirt roads. About that orange. I noticed my pictures always looked a deeper orange than the actual car color. I looked around for someone who might be in the blog. Looked for “oldfarmer,” but half the peopleView attachment 3682 in line looked liked old farmers, including me. There seemed to be a lot of interest from passers-by and I loitered around a little while watching people’s reaction.
The P4 is actually lower than the production model will be. I don't recall the reason now but it had something to do with tour requirements or some such. I know what you mean about mall phobia. I did not wander far from the Elio while I was in Portland. My friend and I did go upstairs to the food court and eat lunch with Proud to Be and his friend, but that was the extent of my non-Elio adventuring. Because of finances and dietary restrictions we had taken our own food so it was nice to have the food court to eat in. LOL :-) Z

Top Bottom