• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Charlotte, Nc; Dec 05, 2014 - Dec 07, 2014

eddie66

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm with you on the music...I remember the look on my Mom's face the first time she heard "The Pusher Man [Steppenwolf]"...thought she was going to have a stroke! Bach, to Glen Miller, to Nelly [he lives 4 miles from me], all the way to some "head banger" stuff. Listening to Blue Oyster Cult as I type this....Yeah, Had to worked today, 4th beer into it.
Don't think Nelly will be riding around in an Elio. Benz. "Must be the money"

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am not sure, Jim, but did you mean to say it can't blow open going down the road? :) Z

exactly .... you know if this computer was half as smart as its supposed to be, it would catch such mistakes ...
whistle.gif

Jim

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Quick question for the guys that got to attend the "show". Were the majority of people around you just 'curious', and happened to be in the mall shopping, or already knew about it, and just wanted to see it in person [like us]?

I asked Jerome that very question .... he said that folks who walk up, get in line and patiently wait have come to specifically see the Elio .... that isn't to say they may not do something else while they are there but the Elio is their major reason for coming .... folks who stand back and look without getting in line are usually passers by who are curious .... in some cases those folks apparently think about it and later come back for a better look .... I've mentioned several times that the collective upbeat mood of Elio folks who wait out long lines is really impressive

Jim

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
What's everyone's thoughts on the forward opening hood?
While it looks cool it seems to me that it makes servicing more difficult. I'd rather have the standard style.
***(I'm sure there's other forums here where this is discussed at length)***
I have actually had a hood blow open on the highway before, as such the style Elio is using is a big plus for me. ('86 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera)

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I asked Jerome that very question .... he said that folks who walk up, get in line and patiently wait have come to specifically see the Elio .... that isn't to say they may not do something else while they are there but the Elio is their major reason for coming .... folks who stand back and look without getting in line are usually passers by who are curious .... in some cases those folks apparently think about it and later come back for a better look .... I've mentioned several times that the collective upbeat mood of Elio folks who wait out long lines is really impressive

Jim

Thanks Jim, I've wondered that. It's definitely an eye catcher...people can't help but look.

Top Bottom